PDA

View Full Version : OK I need help

250Keith
July 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Ive been lookng at Pedals! I'm a noob at this so this is where you guys come in:D I have the Bad Monkey and I like it alot, I want more! :DR
What do you all suggest for a Chorus, Flanger, Delay, mabe a Wah, and a clean boost, thay dont need to be top of the line stuff but sound good with a tube amp, and what do you all think of these power all supply deals that you can plug all your stomp boxs in?( Godlyke and VisualSound).
Thanks all.
Keith.

sunvalleylaw
July 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
There are a few chorus threads archived here. I looked at them and got a used Boss CE-5 that I personally like through my tube amp and seems pretty versatile, though it seems different types of chorus sounds are very preference based.

Justaguyin_nc
July 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I been shooting my mouth off on a steady basis in this forum about pedals the last few weeks..

I been going from all MultiFX to all pedals.. reading this pedal forum top to bottom will be a good help to you with people and their ideas...

Not top of the line but a good buy...I will mention Delay.. Ibanez DE7.. has delay and a great Analog Echo.. not to expensive ... sounds great..

Just got a crybaby classic off ebay a week or so back at half price.. hey, if they work when you get it..it's built like a tank...

Tried and went thru a few flangers/phasers/chorus.. so wont mention the expensive ones I chose... same with a few distortions and boosters...

Anything to avoid? Nope.. glad I tried all I have so far.. its all good and can be resold...

One thing nice about pedals.. buy and sell them at the same price on the
E-Bay over and over again...

Iago
July 15th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I heard and read great about the Arion stereo chorus(sch-1?) and theres another one called SCZ-1 I believe, thats good too and sells for alot less than the SCH-1 I don't know why.

For phase I have the MXR Phase-90, and its probably the most common out there. It boosts the volume a bit and gives some more bass, but I can live with it, the effect is great, just one knob with plenty of different sounds. People usually go to this one or the Electro-Harmonix Small Stone pedal.

Boosts... there are so many! I just dont think you can go wrong with anyone of them.. at least the most popular ones. Though I have one "boutique" booster made by some Dice Works (a guy in NY builds them I believe). Really effective, cos its the boost and also has the frequencie boost mode, where you can choose the bass or treble boost rate. I found out that the danelectro pastrami overdrive does a great job as booster, but it's really crappy for any other thing.

Flanger - I don't use it.

Delay - I don't use it too, but there are many interesting options out there. From that little blue danelectro one, I think its called PB&J delay, it goes up to 1 second delay time, and has a footswitch to change between short and long delay time. I believe the Ibanez DE-7 would be another nice option.

Spudman
July 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I'll just hit a couple here.

Delay. Check out the Boss DD5 or DD6. Both have tap tempo functions and multiple time signature settings as well as reverse, hold and a dry out. Get one used.

A basic Crybaby wah is going to treat you great. For a slight difference look for the model with the fasel inductor. Get one used.

You'll be able to do the most sonic damage and still have your distinct guitar tone with just these three pedals (including your Bad Monkey). Start there and get really good and creative with just those pedals and we'll see you when you make the Big Time. :)

250Keith
July 16th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks guys I'll start looking!

DaveO
July 16th, 2007, 08:05 PM
If you want to go inexpensive to see what you really like. Try the Danelectro pedals. Go ebay all the way. I haven't tried any of the Behringer pedals but they are inexpensive.
Dave

sunvalleylaw
July 16th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I didn't see you were looking at a clean boost. I got a Behringer PB-100 which is a clean boost that works great and was only $20 or so when I searched online. I guess 25 delivered. Spud posted on it here:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2524&highlight=behringer
I have the same pedal and have it on almost all the time now.

Spudman
July 17th, 2007, 07:43 AM
+1 for the Behringer clean boost. Gets the job done and doesn't hurt the wallet.

250Keith
July 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM
+1 for the Behringer clean boost. Gets the job done and doesn't hurt the wallet.

Done deal I'll start looking after I read the fret net;)
Thanks.
Keith.