PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex pedals

Jimi75
July 17th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Hey folks,

I am about to go on summer holiday for 2 weeks. I am euphoric to spend some money on a good pedal after my holidays. My aim is to improve my sound so my motivation will grow.

I heard a lot of very good things about TRex electronics. I am looking for an overdrive/distortion, something vintage and warm sounding - think Bonamassa. Something a little different from a TS.

On the TRex electronics site they have excellent soundclips that are recorded with one of their discontinued super tube amps, so I am not sure if these pedas are really that good with a "normal" amp.

Has anyone of you ever played a Trex Mudhoney/Dr Swamp or the Moeller maybe? What was your impression.

I know I could go checkthem myself or search in Youtube but I wanted to get some "real" input before my holidays, so I can think a little bit about it and get more focused.

My other alternative is either the Fulltone OCD / Fulltone 69 or the TC Electronics vintage double overdrive.

:R

duhvoodooman
July 17th, 2007, 05:26 AM
I've never played or heard one, but there was a T-Rex overdrive pedal included in that recent GP pedal article, and it was rated very well. See scanned image attached.

Jimi75
July 17th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Thank you very much for scanning the report. It made me very curious.

SuperSwede
July 17th, 2007, 08:56 AM
They are made in Denmark, so they are quite common in the music stores here. I´ve only tried the Alberta, and that one had a really nice TS type of overdrive, with a lot of sustain.