PDA

View Full Version : Outside the door to my office

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2007, 12:26 PM
1184Live and Collective Soul are playing in the street outside my office tonight. This is the view from my office. Sorry, just had my cell phone to take a pic with. http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/?action=view&current=Picture0.jpg

I tried to get the pic to zoom to show the Marshalls and Fender onstage better, but it wouldn't do it.

Boring me. I'm hiking with the Cub Scouts tonight instead. :p

P.S. How do I get the image to insert instead of the URL? I use the insert image button, but must do something wrong.

duhvoodooman
July 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, click on the little paper clip icon and then browse to your image and attach it. A JPG image needs to be no larger than 800x600 and 195KB file size.

Tone2TheBone
July 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hey post that pic again Steve it's blocked and I wanna see...

SuperSwede
July 17th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Steve, you could always work some overtime tonight! :)
Cool pic!

Tone2TheBone
July 17th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Steve, you could always work some overtime tonight! :)
Cool pic!

Calle save that pic on your computer and send it to me.

WackyT
July 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Here you go. I uploaded it to Flickr.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1399/839057381_a923ceba82_o.jpg

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I'll have to google that and figure it out! I have just used photobucket.

pie_man_25
July 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
wow, that's kinda cool but kinda bad at the same time, on one hand, a band, on the other, the right to call yourself a good father!

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2007, 02:48 PM
The Dad part is more important. Dang though, now they are stacking two brown face Vox's (AC30s?) on top of some kind of big Marshall cabs, looks like 4x10 or something. Wish I knew more about the expensive stuff. Sure would be fun to watch! Oh well, hiking Carbonate ridge with the kids will be fun too.

sunvalleylaw
September 14th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Steve Miller with Bruce Willis's band. Now this is going to be outside my office, or just down the street depending where they put it. I hope it is outside the office so I can watch from the window!

http://sunvalleyonline.com/news/article.asp?ID_Article=4015

I hope Steve plays mostly his blues stuff, and Willis is really pretty darn entertaining.

Spudman
September 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Steve Miller with Bruce Willis's band. Now this is going to be outside my office, or just down the street depending where they put it. I hope it is outside the office so I can watch from the window!

http://sunvalleyonline.com/news/article.asp?ID_Article=4015

I hope Steve plays mostly his blues stuff, and Willis is really pretty darn entertaining.

I'll come over for this one. Save me a spot.

sunvalleylaw
September 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'll come over for this one. Save me a spot.

Done. :beer: :pancake

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Well, Steve Miller and Bruce Willis (and now Carole King) are going to be in concert outside my office tomorrow. SpudSteve is coming over for some MTB time, some guitar time and to hang at the show. Therefore, here is a taste of Stevie Guitar Miller for Friday. This performance was only in July and so should be similar to what we will see. He is turning 64 and still rocking along.

hPT6_Cq4ZhA :beer: :Dude:

Here is what Carol sounds like now. She was here with Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo last year.
AtPdzr5omIo

And here is a little of Bruce. He gets good players to come out with him.

tHwjLS0Zz9E

Tone2TheBone
September 28th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Bruce Willis the actor?

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Bruce Willis the actor?

Yep, take a look at the clip I added when I edited. He played harp in bar bands before making it big. His band is pretty darn fun. He usually plays at least once or twice a year around here because he used to live here full time and still has a house here. In Hailey, where I live, 11 miles so. of Sun Valley. He was raising his kids here before the marriage broke up and Demi moved to LA full time, and he invested quite a bit of money in Hailey in a classic old bar, an old theatre that houses a local theatre troop he helps support and some other interests. He also has ownership in a small ski resort about 45 min. away from Hailey toward Boise, called Soldier Mountain. Small, old school resort that gets good powder snow.

Robert
September 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Wow, that will be a great day outside the door to your office! Lucky sun of a gun.

Tell us all about it later, dudes.

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
UPDATE: As Ketchum sometimes does, the plans are changed at the last minute. The concert is up the road a 1/4 mile, (or 4 to 500 meters. :D ) But the good news is that more tickets were released. They were sold out before. It is pretty reasonable at $25 and the proceeds are going to the local firefighters so we are still going. :Dude:

Tone2TheBone
September 28th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Wow that's pretty cool. Makes me want to drive up there and hang out with you guys and fish and drink beer and listen to bands.

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Anytime Tone! We get some decent acts sometimes. Bruce Willis once even brought B.B. King in to play in his "The Mint" Bar in Hailey. I had just gotten to town with my family and had no money at that time so missed it. :thwap:

SuperSwede
September 28th, 2007, 12:15 PM
SunvalleySteve.. you dont happen to own a dv camera? :D

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Hmm. Might be able to figure out something. :-)

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Well, the show was really, really great. I am going to defer to Spudman to give more of a specific review, but Bruce's bar band warm up was fun for a warm up, I was really impressed by Carol King and her energy and writing ability, and Steve Miller and his band just absolutely rocked. He played a long time and it was great. Super fun to have my friend SpudSteve over!:beer: :AOK: :beavisnbutthead: