PDA

View Full Version : Crybaby squeeking - help!

Jimi75
July 18th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Hey folks,

My wah pedal started squeeking (mechanically) some weeks ago. Now it is so loud when rocking the pedal beck and forth that I can barely use it at home.

I figured out that the squeeking comes fomr the point where the footpedal is mounte to the unit. Problem is that there are no screws and I can not match the point where I guess I should put some oil on to.

Do you have some hints for me maybe?

Spudman
July 18th, 2007, 07:50 AM
There is a metal band under the top of the pedal and it goes around a pivot shaft. Put a drop of 3 in 1 oil or Triflow on the point where these contact each other and you should be good. The other spots are the two side pivots and you could try a drop on them as well.

The final option is on the inside where the gear strip touches the tensioner. It needs a little bit of grease but it probably wouldn't be causing a squeak anyway. Just as a last resort.

Those are the only mechanical spots on the pedal. Good luck.

Jimi75
July 18th, 2007, 08:13 AM
There is a metal band under the top of the pedal and it goes around a pivot shaft. Put a drop of 3 in 1 oil or Triflow on the point where these contact each other and you should be good. The other spots are the two side pivots and you could try a drop on them as well.

The final option is on the inside where the gear strip touches the tensioner. It needs a little bit of grease but it probably wouldn't be causing a squeak anyway. Just as a last resort.

Those are the only mechanical spots on the pedal. Good luck.

Thanks so much Spud! Gonna try this at home!