PDA

View Full Version : Eric Clapton - Crossroad Guitar Festival 2007

Tim
July 18th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Anybody going to see Eric Clapton on July 28, 2007 for his Crossroad Guitar Festival at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois?

Some of the guests performing are: American Idols, The Police, Toby Keith, Jimmy Buffet,
Bob Seger, Norah Jones, Christina Aguilera. Yes we have female players and singers this year.

His special guests are: Rod Stewart and Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

This concert sounds as good as the first. I can’t wait for the DVD to come out.

For a close mezzanine seat the price is only $1,025.00.

SECTION: 131 ROW: 19 3 PACK PRIME MEZZANINE SECTION $1,025.00 each

ted s
July 18th, 2007, 06:31 AM
please may I have a 10 pack !?

warren0728
July 18th, 2007, 06:55 AM
well my birthday is July 28th....what a great present that would be....c'mon fretters....pass around the hat!! ;)

seriously it should be a great show and i'll be getting the dvd when it comes out to go with my dvd of the first show.

ww

Tone2TheBone
July 18th, 2007, 08:44 AM
TSO is awesome. I'd like to see them on a new Crossroads DVD if they make one.

R_of_G
July 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Let's hope this time Eric doesn't get blown off the stage by someone. Last Crossroads Fest I have on DVD features Eric playing with Santan's band on "Jingo." This performance illustrates what I was talking about in the thread on tone as Eric's is so thin that Carlos pretty much blows him right off the stage. Clapton stood out as someone added in as a guest, rather than organically fit in with those who he was joining. I love Clapton [though prob not as much as one would expect a guitar player to love him] but this was not a good performance for him. Then again, the DVD also has Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Joe Walsh performances, so I can't complain too much.:cool:

warren0728
July 18th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Vishwa Mohan Bhatt was awesome and Joe Walsh is always fun!

ww

Tone2TheBone
July 18th, 2007, 10:41 AM

ww

Joe's the clown prince of rock and roll man I love that guy!

R_of_G
July 18th, 2007, 11:07 AM

ww

+1 for you Warren. Glad someone else knows who Vishwa Mohan Bhatt is. I am fascinated by players like him who have created their own instrument, though I tend to think he would sound stellar playing anything with strings on it.:cool:

Tim
July 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Joe's the clown prince of rock and roll man I love that guy!

Me too! I loved his hat-cam which he worn during one of his solos from the latest Eagle's DVD. A brilliant mind, but also a kid at heart.

Tone2TheBone
July 18th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Me too! I loved his hat-cam which he worn during one of his solos from the latest Eagle's DVD. A brilliant mind, but also a kid at heart.

Yeah and not only that...he scored with Stevie Nicks too. +1 for him. :)

marnold
July 18th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah and not only that...he scored with Stevie Nicks too. +1 for him. :)
Didn't everybody?

Tim
July 18th, 2007, 02:35 PM
No! (head hanging)

Tone2TheBone
July 18th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Didn't everybody?

I thought that was Grace? LMAO Stevie probably was a little hussie herself too though.

Spudman
July 18th, 2007, 09:51 PM
No! (head hanging)

You're the ONLY one dude.:D

Fingers
July 19th, 2007, 06:56 AM
You're the ONLY one dude.:D

.....and I thought the difference between the Empire State Building and Stevie Nicks was.............................not everyone had been up the Empire State Building, but....................:p

Mark
July 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Whoa!!! Guitar festival???.......Christina Aguliera???? American Idols????? Come on Eric who loves ya baby but sheeze Guitar festival not Pop festival.....My hero must be gettin soft in the head.....Eric wake up! Obviously not out to top the first one!

R_of_G
July 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Whoa!!! Guitar festival???.......Christina Aguliera???? American Idols????? Come on Eric who loves ya baby but sheeze Guitar festival not Pop festival.....My hero must be gettin soft in the head.....Eric wake up! Obviously not out to top the first one!

Was waiting for someone else to say it. This, as billed so far, is a music festival, not a guitar festival [or at least not a whole lot of guitar I'd want to hear]. You'd think Clapton himself could command a better lineup, but when you become a slave to corporate sponsorship, this is the lineup you get. Someone wants to hear a guitar festival, let's get Frisell, Ribot, Scofield and McLaughlin on the same bill somewhere.

warren0728
July 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
this bill is definitely not the same caliber as last years....of course he said last year that he made a list of everyone he ever wanted to play with and invited them.

Maybe now his list isn't as long! :D

Unfortunately to bring in the big crowds they have to bring in some pop fluff (truly last year john mayer could be in that category).

He's raising money for a great cause so hopefully it will be a success.

ww

Tim
July 19th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I remember Eric being criticized for not having any females during the least Guitar Festival. He was also told the “artists list” was to too confined to mostly friends. So I guess this year he is opening the stage to other performers. In his line of business he damned it he does and damned if he doesn’t. It’s for a worth cause … even though he owns the establishment.

R_of_G
July 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I remember Eric being criticized for not having any females during the least Guitar Festival. He was also told the “artists list” was to too confined to mostly friends. So I guess this year he is opening the stage to other performers. In his line of business he damned it he does and damned if he doesn’t. It’s for a worth cause … even though he owns the establishment.

It strikes me that their are many females who play guitar. He could invite one or two of them, or one's like Sharon Jones who have a spectacular guitar player in their bands, instead of the commercially approved garbage like Aguilera.

helliott
July 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
This is a disappointing lineup to me. A guitar festival should feature guitar centred music. I'm a huge fan, through thick and thin. My son's name is Eric Mark, in part because of two of my favourite players. I'll buy the dvd, but I'm not sure I'd pay for show if I could go, which I can't from southern Ontario.
I just hope there's someone who can challenge him enough so that he'll cut loose. There were a couple of times on the first dvd where he did, and the results were very happy. Kinda like some of his solos on From the Cradle. But he needs to be pushed. I think that's why Haynes likes having someone like Derek Trucks in the band -- you can't sit back with some kid like that raising the roof. It's not all about competition, more like being encouraged to dig deeper. That's what EC lacks sometimes, seems to me.

F_BSurfer
July 20th, 2007, 03:47 AM
I have tickets to this and here is the line up that will be there
Jeff Beck
Doyle Bramhall II
Eric Clapton
Robert Cray
Sheryl Crow
Vince Gill
Buddy Guy
BB King
Alison Krauss and Union Station
Sonny Landreth
Albert Lee
Los Lobos
John Mayer
John McLaughlin
Willie Nelson
Robert Randolph
Hubert Sumlin
Derek Trucks
Jimmie Vaughan
Steve Winwood

Can't wait to see Clapton and Beck together and Clapton and Winwood

Tim
July 20th, 2007, 06:40 AM
You lucky dog F_BSurfer. Now that is a much better line up than the one I saw and posted. I am breathing much easier now.

Thanks for brightening up our day on the complete line up. Don’t get lost in the crowd. Think of us while you’re enjoying the shows. Make sure you post a review after the event. We want to be the first to have the inside scoop on the weekend performances.

Mark
July 20th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I have tickets to this and here is the line up that will be there
Jeff Beck
Doyle Bramhall II
Eric Clapton
Robert Cray
Sheryl Crow
Vince Gill
Buddy Guy
BB King
Alison Krauss and Union Station
Sonny Landreth
Albert Lee
Los Lobos
John Mayer
John McLaughlin
Willie Nelson
Robert Randolph
Hubert Sumlin
Derek Trucks
Jimmie Vaughan
Steve Winwood

Can't wait to see Clapton and Beck together and Clapton and Winwood

Now thats more like it! A sensible list of profusely proficient, plucking, performers:D

Lev
July 20th, 2007, 08:44 AM
and here's alittle taster from earlier today

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3397815

guitartist
July 20th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Wow, what a great line up!

I wish I'd seen Clapton on his latest solo tour...he had Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II playing with him....I imagine they'll be part of his band in this show too. I'll have to get the dvd!

Loved seeing Buddy Guy and Hubert Sumlin play together in last years' Crossroads festival (along with Clapton and JRV)...hope they play together again this time around.

warren0728
July 20th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I wish I'd seen Clapton on his latest solo tour...he had Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II playing with him....
it was a great show...i took my 10 year old son to the show (robert cray opened) and my son had a blast!

I would love to go to the guitar festival (especially since this year it is on my birthday!) but will have to wait for the dvd instead...

ww

helliott
July 20th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Now, that's a world better than the originally posted lineup. Now I'm just depressed because I can't go.

GREENMACHINE
July 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hey Guys
Eric Clapton is the bomb when it comes to blues and awesome riffs. I seriously want to learn the electri version of Layla!!!!.
Yeah so sorry about this random post ay.

Laterz
GREENMACHINE