PDA

View Full Version : Quality question for this amp?

ibanez_freak36
July 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Hey for those of you out there that have questions about the Marshall MG100DFX 100 watt amp then ask no further. I was concerned about not having tubes ( changing from a Crate BV 100 tube)and trying the switch??? Well I have to tell you I have been pleasantly surprised with mine. I screwed around with the tube idea and came to the realizaton that tubes cost more and for my style the amp is awesome and meshes well with other amps like a Laney Tube or Marshall classic tube heads. I still run the Digitech RP300 Pedalboard and WOW. I was lucky to get one of the boutique set ups that happened to to be Red and limited to 1000 amps in the USA. So to say the least.....if you think that you cannot get quality sound from a solid state amp then think again. Well thats all from the freak today, I am sad my band is on leave for a while and so I play on. Anyone who loves 80's hair metal and classic 70's rock need an axeman then give me a ring. Other than that I need a bassist who won't leave me high and dry or do the no show thing and fits the family profile,(likes kids and likes music). Bye for now.........................................

The Freak:R

TS808
July 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I've seen some pretty good reviews on Harmony Central for this amp.

Personally, I don't care if it's tube, solid state or a modeling amp. I play all modeling amps (Vox). What I care about is how the amp sounds to ME. ;)