PDA

View Full Version : Videos on my www.dolphinstreet.com - slow to load?

Robert
July 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Just checking - are the videos on my website too slow to load? www.dolphinstreet.com (video lessons and video clips)

I am wondering if I should decrease the bitrate in case the files end up being too big for smooth streaming. Lower bitrate will reduce sound and picture quality though.

Feedback appreciated!

sunvalleylaw
July 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Works for me on a variety of newer and older macs. Works better if I let it load fully first then play, or sometimes better on replay. I would not reduce bitrate.

warren0728
July 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
i'm on macs too and have not noticed any slow download time....i usually access your site and thefret through my wireless (g) network.....

ww

ted s
July 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
ok, another Mac guy, seems ok for me except I can't play as good as that Robert guy that is on them.

WackyT
July 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Works fine on 1.5 Mb DSL and Windows here in Colorado.

sunvalleylaw
July 19th, 2007, 04:29 PM
ok, another Mac guy, seems ok for me except I can't play as good as that Robert guy that is on them.

LOL!!!! Ditto! I guess Macs don't cure that magically!

Tim
July 19th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Works for me too! Both systems work fine for my PC (the hardwire DSL and wireless "G" network) for my laptop. I never noticed a problem.

Although I do see delay problems with YouTube streaming faster than the downloading.

sunvalleylaw
July 19th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Works for me too! Both systems work fine for my PC (the hardwire DSL and wireless "G" network) for my laptop. I never noticed a problem.

Although I do see delay problems with YouTube streaming faster than the downloading.

With YouTube vids, it often seems that if I allow the red bar to fill in completely and then play it is better. It is more important on my older laptop. I think sometimes that makes Robert's vids play better too, but they play pretty well as compared to the YouTube ones on that machine anyway.

duhvoodooman
July 19th, 2007, 08:04 PM
They work fine for me, but I'm fortunate enough to have one of those hellaciously fast 10Mbps cable lines here.....