PDA

View Full Version : Studio gig

Ro3b
July 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I did a fair bit of work on Maggie Sansone's new album Celtic Fair earlier this year, and I just saw that she's got it up on CD Baby, which means you can go and hear samples of all the tracks: click (http://cdbaby.com/cd/sansone10). That's me playing guitar, flute, and button accordion.

Maggie plays hammer dulcimer and does mainly Scottish and Irish-flavored stuff, with some Middle Eastern influences here and there. This album was a lot of fun to do; all the musicians involved are old friends who I love to work with.

Justaguyin_nc
July 20th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Mr Greenway, I am not into this type music... But I have been listening to it while surfing the web this afternoon and it's been a joy.. Real nice change , great playing... tip my hat to you sir... nice work!

Ro3b
July 20th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks... it's not really my preferred style either, but it beats working. :-)

jpfeifer
July 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Ro3b,

That's great guitar work. What kind of guitar did you use?

I've been doing a lot of studio work with some guys over the past year or so, and they're now in the process of mixing the album. They're planning to sell it on CD Baby. I can't wait to see it completed.

Thanks for sharing your project.
-- Jim

Ro3b
July 21st, 2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks, Jim! I used my Guild D-35 and a borrowed Martin OM-something.

Good luck with your project. I hope you'll let us hear some of it.

Mark
July 21st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Nice work Ro3b! I like what I heard will be buying the CD. I have always liked the Irish flavor of music. My compliments:D