PDA

View Full Version : The Ocean Led Zeppelin

zeusse
July 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Gave this tune a ruff run through its a fun Zep tune to do and I excuse not having this extremely polished but I think I used too much reverb on the riff and I just adlibbed on the solo, didn't have alot of time to get picky with it....and not me singing vocals were on the backer...my vocals are just scary:D

http://www.box.net/shared/74s7gvzsff

ted s
July 20th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Kick'n some major a$$ ! nicely done

Justaguyin_nc
July 20th, 2007, 11:22 PM
wow, haven't heard that in a bit... houses of the holy...holy oceans... had a deeper thicker feel to it.. nice playing.. nice twist on it.. enjoyed it...
heck as Ted said..kicks major arse!

stingx
August 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I thought that sounded great. I like the tone on the guitar. I'm a big Zep fan and like listening to other's takes on the tunes.

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I thought that was great! I liked the rythmic "chucks" and muted notes you were using. It rocked! :DR

helliott
August 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Just heard this today on the Q107 guitar riff battle weekend. Your feel is a nice take on Jimmy's original. Nice to have Robert in a box, too.

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Sweet! I must have missed this recording before!
*applause*

Lev
August 7th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Sweet tone, I like the extra little bit of reverb - gives a real live feel.

zeusse
August 12th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys we've got alot of requests for it in the last few gigs we didn't realize the 20 something crowd was into the Zep stuff they must have started peaking at Mom and Dads album collection...LOL