PDA

View Full Version : My Fender and my Valvetronix

Robert
July 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Listen to my Fender Deluxe Players Strat and the Vox AD50VT (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-48.php) - how does it sound?

I haven't played the Vox for a while now; been in Hellhound-mode for a while. I like both amps, I certainly enjoy having both!

The amp model used is the Boutique OD.

SuperSwede
July 21st, 2007, 01:22 AM
I might be crazy, but I like the tones coming out of the Vox more than the Hellhound (still a great sounding amp).. The btq OD sounds great!

warren0728
July 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM
sounds really good robert (as usual). I was thinking of getting rid of my vox but now that i live in a townhouse i am going to keep it because i can still get decent tones at low volumes.

ww

marnold
July 21st, 2007, 08:31 AM
I've grown in appreciation for the Strat middle pickup, methinks. I've never been a big fan of my AD30VT's Boutique OD. Maybe that's because I've never tried it with single coils. Hmmm . . . experiment time!

Tim
July 21st, 2007, 09:08 AM
sounds really good robert (as usual). I was thinking of getting rid of my vox but now that i live in a townhouse i am going to keep it because i can still get decent tones at low volumes.

ww

I think we need to change the speaker in the AD30VT as did VooDoo and others. I am not particularly happy with the "blanket" effect the original speaker produces.

warren0728
July 21st, 2007, 09:25 AM
I think we need to change the speaker in the AD30VT as did VooDoo and others.
recommendations?

ww

Tim
July 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM
recommendations?

ww

Let's wait for VooDoo to post any suggestions! I do not remember which speaker he choose.

marnold
July 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
recommendations?

ww
If I remember correctly, a Celestion G10 seemed to be a favorite.

Tim
July 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
If I remember correctly, a Celestion G10 seemed to be a favorite.

Marnold - Did you change yours?

marnold
July 22nd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Marnold - Did you change yours?
No, but that's on my "someday" list.

duhvoodooman
July 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I put a Celestion G10 Vintage in mine and have been very happy with it. Tightened up the bottom, sweetened the highs and sounds a bit more open. This is probably the most popular speaker upgrade for the AD30VT, but by no means the only one. I've read some rave reviews from guys who used some of the Eminence speaker models, also.

BTW, that "blanket" effect is not just the stock speaker. I've noticed that on some of the amp models, you need to get the master volume cranked up above 1 - 2 o'clock or so, or they tend to sound muted. Also, getting the amp off the floor or at least tilting it upward a bit can help quite a bit.

R_of_G
July 22nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
I love using my Strat with the Botique OD setting on my Vox as well. Throw in a little phaser and a lot of reverb, and you've got a lot of great tone to throw around. You got a great raunchy sound out of yours!:cool:

FrankAxtell
July 24th, 2007, 09:41 AM
sounding real good Robert!

aeolian
July 24th, 2007, 10:13 AM
My AD30VT has the Celestion G10 upgrade, and it is well worth the money. I bought it from this place:

http://www.svvintageamps.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=191&osCsid=7fbcf509bf67dcdb42abed64b3a2784b