PDA

View Full Version : Unplugged

Tone2TheBone
February 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM
No not acoustics. How many of you guys play your guitars without plugging into an amp? I do this quite often, as in at least more than half the time. Usually when I'm watching tv or just before I leave the house to go somewhere I'll sit on the couch or bed and play unplugged until wife says its time to go. :) I enjoy the timbres and resonance of an unplugged Strat....ahhhhhhhhhh I guess it's because it's the PURE sound of the instrument that I like. My new LP sounds wonderful unplugged too. Very clear and distinct with plenty of string volume and nice woody tone. How many of you do this?

marnold
February 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
I do because that means that I can practice even once the kids are in bed. The problem with doing that a lot is that your muting techniques can go to pot because you don't hear the need for them.

SuperSwede
February 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM
I do that very much, perhaps more than I play "plugged" in.. And when I am plugged in I use headphones 90% of the time. So I guess I am a silent guitarist...

Your wife makes you wait as well? mine takes forever to get ready even if we are only going to the grocery store ;) I suggest we announce a new Monkey pedal at once:

Wife Monkey - Delay Pedal

Tone2TheBone
February 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM
SuperSwede,

hahahahahaha now that's a really good one!

Marnold - Yeah I'll play unplugged too while my wife reads or something or when the kids are doing their homework.

Iago
February 3rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Still no amp here..so.. I`ve been playing my Mustang unplugged! It sounds a bit more loud than my old strat..I can even feel her neck resonating...

warren0728
February 4th, 2006, 09:36 AM
hey iago....now that you've had that "stang" for a little while...what are your thoughts....still happy with it?

later,
ww

Iago
February 4th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Yes I am. I just found out the bridge has a little - almost hidden screw on one of the sides, so tightening it the vibrato arm won`t fall out...but it`s idiot still hehehe. And there is some buzz on the A and G strings, but I can live with it. So I would give it a 8 just because of the bridge and vibrato. Everything else is a 10 to me :)

warren0728
February 4th, 2006, 11:37 AM
cool....you might want to have the neck (truss rod) adjusted to get rid of the buzz....might help....might not

ww

Iago
February 4th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I think i`ts because of the bridge really... there`s no individual string height adjustment on the saddles! You can only raise the bridge saddles all at once, or leaving the treble side a bit more high than the bass side of the strings or vice versa.