PDA

View Full Version : Good Overdrive/Boost pedal?

tiefnig
July 22nd, 2007, 03:31 AM
ATM I'm using a bad monkey to get a boost for bluesy solos over my crunch channel.
I use it to get a little extra gain and make the soft lead channel "softer".
I like the pedal but still I want something better.
What I want is:

1. A boost for blues solos when activated over my crunch channel (really light distortion)
2. A little more gain in the 3rd channel (to make it smoother)
3. A boost for metal/hi gain solos in the 4th channel (hi-gain lead) to make it smoother.

So, basically, I want a tubescreamer type pedal.

Recommend me some good pedals that can do what I want and tell me if it's really worth replacing the bad monkey.

SuperSwede
July 22nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
Tiefnig, I think that you should look at the pedals from Damage Control. The womanizer sounds fantastic, and you can have (1) a slight drive for boosting your crunch channel and then kick in (2) for some serious lead gain.
http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/#ul__state=pedal&ur__state=pedal&btm__state=pedal&product=1

Spudman
July 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
+1 for Damage Control

Also, Radial Tonebone Classic.

Jamie O
July 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Ditto. I've got the liquid blues, which has a really good compressor too. Overdrive and has a 10db boost footswitch as well. Also, theres is something called a clarity control, which take the signal after compressor but before the OD , and you can mix it with the overdriven sound. Honestly the drive on it lacks a bit til you turn the clarity up 50% or so, but the whole thing, overall is really nice sounding.

333maxwell
July 27th, 2007, 07:14 PM
ATM I'm using a bad monkey to get a boost for bluesy solos over my crunch channel.
I use it to get a little extra gain and make the soft lead channel "softer".
I like the pedal but still I want something better.
What I want is:

1. A boost for blues solos when activated over my crunch channel (really light distortion)
2. A little more gain in the 3rd channel (to make it smoother)
3. A boost for metal/hi gain solos in the 4th channel (hi-gain lead) to make it smoother.

So, basically, I want a tubescreamer type pedal.

Recommend me some good pedals that can do what I want and tell me if it's really worth replacing the bad monkey.

I love my Seymour Duncan Twin Tube pedal.

Perfect live sound support for me.. not that I wouldn't mind tryin one of them Liquid Monkeys or whatever they are called.. I think I run a bit behind most the pack in 'whats new'...

Jamie O
July 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Regarding that, The Bad Monkey is a sweet pedal, and would still be for alot more money. The guy I play with has one, but he DOES say he wishes he'd gotten something like the Damage Control pedal. The boost switch is a nice feature, and if memory serves the Radial Tonebone pedals have 2 and sometimes 3 channel switching on them.

LowEndWonder
December 27th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Boss OD-3 !:rockon: