PDA

View Full Version : My New Fender VG Strat

GREENMACHINE
July 24th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Hey Guys
My VG Strat is sooo awesome it has almost everything you could ever want from a guitar. It will play all types of music rock, country, metal/heavy metal, pop practally anything ay. Theres 4 knobs on the pickguard which changes the sound the key eg theres one knob that changes key to drop d and open G, B, DADGAD, all these tunings go over the top of the settings like you can have a 12 Tele, Strat, humbucking 12 string and accoustic. It also has a resignator setting on it aswell. The other knob changes the style of guitar e.g tele. It has a 5 way blade switch to change the pickups which also changes the sound aswell.
Post back if you need to know anything else or pm me.
I think everybody should go check out this guitar whenever you can ay.

Thanks GREENMACHINE

SuperSwede
July 24th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Hey Greenmachine! Glad that you enjoy your new VG strat. Why dont you post a introduction at the "fret players" section, and then perhaps you could share a couple of audio clips too! We would love to hear that fancy guitar! :)

Guitar-Chris
July 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I think everybody should go check out this guitar whenever you can ay.

So i did: This guitar is really awsome. Turn the knob to 12-string and then "Stairway to heaven".

It has all you want in one guitar and it's so somple. No 200 pages of manual or so. Just turn the knob an rock on!

Congratulation Greenmachine!:DR

SuperSwede
July 24th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Hey Guitar-Chris!!

I havent seen you around for a while, what have you been up to lately?

Guitar-Chris
July 24th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Guitar-Chris!!

I havent seen you around for a while, what have you been up to lately?

Hello Superswede,

I have been busy lately. Just at the moment i'm changing my job. In detail, I work in a district administration and i'm getting a new task within this administration. So this is again a lot of work to do. But I read this board all the time though not posting to much. And i'm spending my time with my old and new hobby taking fotos, see this gallery. (http://picasaweb.google.de/vdlinde.christian/Blumengalerie)

But i'm also working with my band an.......GAS .... will get a new guitar next weeks. My neighbour bought a abonnement of the magazin "Guitar" and i was the canvasser (?) of this abo. So i will get a (cheap) guitar (http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0000933-004&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList). :)

Meanwhile i have chatted with Iago on MSN sometimes, so I'm informed about what's going on.:)

GREENMACHINE
July 24th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Hey Guys
The VG Strat sounds really AWESOME through a valve amp with everything set to neutral so the tone is half way and same with treble and bass. (Tried it out in the shop ay)
Um yeah I don't actually have an amp at the moment ay but I was looking at getting a valve 20 watt which is equal to like 60 digital watts and the amp is gunna have 2 12" speakers. Yeah at the moment Im plugged in to this old system that has guitar jack in port and that and the sound sounds in between a digital and valve lol (I dont have 2000 ND dollars ay lol)
i wanted to get the sunburst with the maple neck but they didn't have one coz the guitar was released 1 day after I got it so not many around at that time.

Yeah so laterz
GREENMACHINE

jpfeifer
July 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Greenmachine,

I've taken the VG Strat for a test drive and it really is a great guitar. I didn't have a chance to try all of the settings but I really liked a few of the settings that I tried. The Tele model sounds great with a baritone tuning (it sounds really twangy and retro, it would work great for doubling the bass part on rock-a-billy songs). The 12-string tuning was also pretty cool.

How do you like the humbucking sounds? I only tried a few settings with that.

My only beef with this guitar is having to recharge batteries every 8-10 hours of playing. However, I'm starting to think that I could really use this axe because it would give me access to a lot of sounds that I don't have now such as a Tele, Humbucking sounds, and then all the tuning options. I would definitely make use of all that stuff too, especially being able to retune for slide parts.
.... oh no ... I'm getting GAS for this guitar just when I convinced myself that I didn't need it.

-- Jim

Tone2TheBone
July 24th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Congrats GREENMACHINE and welcome.

I think it would be pretty neat for Robert to get one of these guitars and video himself running through all the options. He's so good at doing this. *grins*

Good to see you around Chris. I dig the fotos man well done.

SuperSwede
July 25th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Well its nice to have you around again GC! Nice flower pics!

GREENMACHINE
July 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Guys
Yeah I really like the humbucker mode ay sounds really grunty ay especially if you got a good amp and then you just gotta play with the treble and bass and all that on the amp to get that sound you want. But the awesome thing with this guitar is that you don't have to change the volume of the amp because the guitar has the volume preset so what you set the volume to be is what all modes play to (kinda makes sense to do that ay lol) yeah I dont have a video camera or an amp at the moment (cant afford an amp and the awesome guitar ay lol) So if someone else could play he VG and video it here on the forum it would be awesome!!!! Really show it off ay!

Laterz
GREENMACHINE:R :D

GREENMACHINE
July 31st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hey Guys
Did you know the VG has 4 Pick Ups? The extra one is the Roland one which does all the tele modes humbucker accoustic and all that oh and also the tuning. Its this tiny piece of plastic near the bridge. (but its one expensive piece of plastic lol)

Thanks
GREENMACHINE:D :R

SuperSwede
August 1st, 2007, 03:28 AM
Greenmachine, its probably very similar to the Roland GK2 hexaphonic pickup that works with external midi units. The american "roland-ready" strat has the GK2 built in, and I wonder if the VG strat can be used with a GR-series guitar synth. Does the guitar have any other outputs than the standard tele out?

Plank_Spanker
August 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Here are a few questions:

>Just how quick and easy is it to switch from (let's say) 12 string mode to (let's say) full on, in your face, scorching bridge humbucker "guitar god lead"...................all in the heat of "gig battle"?

If it's 2 or 3 switch movements, that could be sporty to pull off.

>How accurate are the tuning changes?

>How does it sound from mode to mode? Does it sound brittle and synthesized, or smooth and organic?

It's certainly a worthy and interesting concept, but the little voice in my head has reservations..............:D

jpfeifer
August 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Hi Plank,

I don't own the VG Strat (yet :-) but I did do a lot of comparison testing of it versus the Variax (Line6) guitar.

One of the cool features that Line6 built into the Variax is they allowed you to setup the actual guitar model (along pickup settings) with your amp settings into the Line6 amp presets. This would allow you instantly switch from a clean 12-string sound to a Les Paul-through-a-cranked-Marshall sound with a single preset change on the foot controller (this would work great if you were covering a song like Hotel California for example). But you would have to be using the Variax with a Line6 amp together.

But, even with these cool features I think that I would still lean toward the VG Strat versus the Variax if you're thinking of a modeling guitar. The VG Strat sounds better and the guitar itself is better quality.

-- Jim

GREENMACHINE
August 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Hey Guys
Um well the 12 string mode and humbucker mode are on diffrent knobs. the tuning setting and guitar modes are on diffrent knobs so you have 4 knobs 2 are smaller than the volum and tone. Um when you change ther is a small stop im sound like milliseconds. The sounds sound awesome ay!

Many thanks
GREENMACHINE

Plank_Spanker
August 2nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
OK.

I've been a champion of modeling amps for years, and I'm still gigging with a Johnson modeler.

Modeling guitars, however, raise my brow. I'm of the the "old school mold" when it comes to the actual guitar. I like the magic combination of wood, metal and pickups when it comes together. Perhaps I'm being contradictory when I champion modeling amps, but pass on modeling guitars. I guess I need that one organic piece of the puzzle before I let it all loose to technology.........:D

guitartist
August 3rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
I guess I need that one organic piece of the puzzle before I let it all loose to technology.........:D

I know another guy who says the exact same thing....that's why he quit playing electric and just plays acoustic now! (he's a bluegrass picker, but used to play rock-n-roll back in the day...seems to happen to a lot of us southerners when we hit middle age!)

Seriously though, I can see what you're saying PlankSpanker. I played a Line 6 Variax (sp?) in the store not too long ago...it was interesting, but just didn't give the same magical vibe that a traditional guitar does. However, I'm hoping that the Fender VG strat has more soul to it than the Line 6 Variax...I bet it does. I mean, its a strat!

Considering that the electric guitar has only been around about 70 years does make me wonder what the electric guitar will be like in another 70 years. Who knows...?...especially with the way technology keeps advancing.

GREENMACHINE
August 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Hey Guys
Um well its the same as the American series strats (liek the shape and all that) But its just got added extras like the tunings and modes like tele and all that. Its so nice to play it souns great. Now I understand what you guys mean by organic I wasn't to sure what you meant before but yes its got soul its not like the line 6 imitations its...... The real thing! (if you sort of get what I mean) its kind of hard to explain you just gotta play one to get what I mean and know for yourself what they're like ay.

Many thanks
GREENMACHINE

Jimi75
August 8th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Well, seeing your excitement about your new VG Strat makes me even more miss my Line6 & Variax 700.

The possibilities with such guitars are great, especially when you have to do recordings and play several different styles. The VG Strat sounds awesome and I could imagine that it is slightly better quality than the Line 6 Variax, well maybe it is more "real" than the Line6.

Anyway, I am looking forward to hearing thousands of soundclips with all the different models and sounds you can get out of the guitar!

Jimi75
August 8th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Hello Superswede,

I have been busy lately. Just at the moment i'm changing my job. In detail, I work in a district administration and i'm getting a new task within this administration. So this is again a lot of work to do. But I read this board all the time though not posting to much. And i'm spending my time with my old and new hobby taking fotos, see this gallery. (http://picasaweb.google.de/vdlinde.christian/Blumengalerie)

But i'm also working with my band an.......GAS .... will get a new guitar next weeks. My neighbour bought a abonnement of the magazin "Guitar" and i was the canvasser (?) of this abo. So i will get a (cheap) guitar (http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0000933-004&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList). :)

Meanwhile i have chatted with Iago on MSN sometimes, so I'm informed about what's going on.:)

Hey Chris, nice gallery really, seems that you are a pretty talented photographer.

Waere cool mal wieder mehr Posts von Dir zu lesen :)
Would be great to see more posts from you!

Robert
August 8th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Great to see the VG comments here. I am very interested in this guitar. I have played it unplugged, and I loved the feel and playability of it. It does cost a fair bit, however.

I think the different tunings may be the most useful thing. Maybe I would actually start playing more slide live with this guitar!

If there had been a Les Paul model on it, that would have rocked! Maybe they can do that for legal reasons.

Do you think the VG prices will go down?

Lev
August 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM
If there had been a Les Paul model on it, that would have rocked! Maybe they can do that for legal reasons.

I wonder if they considered releasing it as a HSS with a bridge humbucker, probably wouln't have been able to fit the roland pickup then but it would offer even more variety.

GREENMACHINE
August 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hey Guys
Um they probally could still fit the Roland pick-up on the guitar even with the HSS pick-up (the Roland pick-up is really tiny conpared to the single coild pick-ups used) Yeah that would have given more variety if they had put the HSS pick-up on as well.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D

pes_laul
August 9th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Hey Guys
Um they probally could still fit the Roland pick-up on the guitar even with the HSS pick-up (the Roland pick-up is really tiny conpared to the single coild pick-ups used) Yeah that would have given more variety if they had put the HSS pick-up on as well.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D
yeah but if you had a humbucker wouldnt you need a single coil setting on the modeling?

GREENMACHINE
August 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hey Man
Um well the guitar already has a humbucker mode so I'm not to sure on that one ay.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE