PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Ray Vaughan Live: Play Hard and Floor It!

Tim
July 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Check your local PBS channel for the Stevie Ray Vaughn special. I do not know if this is a repeat or not. This is what is advertised for my local broadcast area.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Live: Play Hard and Floor It!

Tuesday, August 7, 11:00pm

CHANNEL 7 (WJCT)

* Get an E-mail reminder

Blues great Stevie Ray Vaughan is recalled via concert footage and comments from bandmate Chris Layton. Included: Vaughan's debut at the 1982 Montreux Jazz Festival, featuring "Pride & Joy" and "Texas Flood." Also: a 1983 Toronto club performance.

warren0728
July 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
august 10th @ 10pm on the pbs station here in orlando

thanks for the heads up tim!! :DR

ww

marnold
July 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM
It's not listed on my PBS station. Sniff.

R_of_G
July 31st, 2007, 08:17 AM
excellent, thanks for the head's up.

duhvoodooman
July 31st, 2007, 08:33 AM
[SIZE="3"]Blues great Stevie Ray Vaughan is recalled via concert footage and comments from bandmate Chris Layton. Included: Vaughan's debut at the 1982 Montreux Jazz Festival, featuring "Pride & Joy" and "Texas Flood." Also: a 1983 Toronto club performance.[/COLOR]
Hmmm, sounds like this may a patchwork of previously released footage, notably "Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985" and "Live at the El Mocambo". Hope they have some additional stuff to include. The commentary from Layton should be interesting (nothing from Tommy Shannon? He and SRV were very close friends...), and hopefully there are insights from others that Stevie played & worked with. Worth checking out, for sure. Thanks, Tim....

P.S. It's on here in the Albany NY area on Sat. Aug. 11 at 10 PM.

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2007, 08:42 AM
Is there a way to check for schedules online?

EDITED: Yes there is I found it. pbs.org then checked local station for schedules. Haven't found the program yet though.

Tim
July 31st, 2007, 10:28 AM
Is there a way to check for schedules online?

EDITED: Yes there is I found it. pbs.org then checked local station for schedules. Haven't found the program yet though.

Tone - you go to the TV schedule section. It will give you today's line up. Click on the "Week" schedule. From there you can go forward to next week's schedules. My local station only goes out to August 8, 2007. Hope this info helps. I have been recording some programs on DVD, when I can remember. I got the Les Paul one from a few weeks ago. Sometimes they are listed under "American Masters". Stevie Ray Vaughn has his own title in the listing. Great stuff for the personal library.

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
Tone - you go to the TV schedule section. It will give you today's line up. Click on the "Week" schedule. From there you can go forward to next week's schedules. My local station only goes out to August 8, 2007. Hope this info helps. I have been recording some programs on DVD, when I can remember. I got the Les Paul one from a few weeks ago. Sometimes they are listed under "American Masters". Stevie Ray Vaughn has his own title in the listing. Great stuff for the personal library.

Thanks for the tip I was wondering what category it would be shown under. My schedule only goes so far too and I looked from the 6th on and I didn't see it. It could be showing here earlier than that maybe. Or later...during the dates that aren't posted yet. I already have the El Mocambo and Austin City Limits DVD and I've been wanting to the the Montreux one.

R_of_G
July 31st, 2007, 12:48 PM
As far as the Montreaux show goes, I bought my dad a live SRV cd a few years ago and it was packaged with a bonus DVD. I believe the DVD had footage from Montreaux [if not the entire show]. Can't remember the name of the package, but it was great.

Tim
July 31st, 2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the tip I was wondering what category it would be shown under. My schedule only goes so far too and I looked from the 6th on and I didn't see it. It could be showing here earlier than that maybe. Or later...during the dates that aren't posted yet. I already have the El Mocambo and Austin City Limits DVD and I've been wanting to the the Montreux one.

What's your zip code?

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2007, 01:15 PM
What's your zip code?

I PM'd it to you.