PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vacation!

sunvalleylaw
August 1st, 2007, 10:12 AM
I am just back from family vacation from my home of origin in the Puget Sound area. We were at Horsehead Bay, near Gig Harbor, WA, at my parent's place, and at a family camp out at Hood Canal. Lots of good family time and all our kids (all the cousins) got to play together and with Grandpa and Nana all week. Waterskiing with my brothers and friends, crabbing, lots of games and music. Brought my acoustic and participated in sing alongs, etc. I had to feel very blessed with this glorious family time. Here are some web pics.

Horsehead Bay:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimspics/871073230/in/pool-pacificnorthwest/

Hood canal pics:

http://www.kayakhoodcanal.com/main/web-cam/index.php (not exactly where I was at, but gives you the idea of the region)

http://www.drdale.com/cam/ This web cam is turned off, but some archived ones are there (scroll down) and this is almost exactly where I was for a week.

Tone2TheBone
August 1st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome back Steve! That looks like a nice place. I could definately clear my head around there.

250Keith
August 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM
It's realy nice up there, I like it alot, glad you had a good time, nothing like some family time to recharge the batterys and warm the heart.

DaveO
August 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Beautiful country. Reminds me of Nova Scotia, where my mother is from.
Dave

SuperSwede
August 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Welcome back Steve, looks like you had a great vacation!

Bloozcat
August 2nd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Welcome back Steve.

The Pacific Northwest is stunningly beautiful country. I've only had the opportunity to visit the area once, but I immediately fell in love with it's beauty. Next year my wife and I will be back as we're taking an Alaska cruise out of either Seattle or Vancouver to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Tone2TheBone
August 2nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
I think our next GIS conference will be in Seattle. That would be pretty cool.

sunvalleylaw
August 2nd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks guys for the welcome back. Yep, Puget Sound and the PNW are cool! Even if it has gotten a bit crowded and sprawled out. Get me down on the water and I am fine. Clears heads pretty quick. Something about the combination of inland salt water and the mountains. I feel lucky to get to go back and visit. Bloozcat, that should be a great trip! Tone, conferences in Seattle can be really fun. Let me know when you go and I will line you out with some things to do while you are blowing off conference meetings. :-) If it is still in the planning stages, make sure they have it up in Seattle proper and not at SeaTac, where the airport is. Sometimes conferences are scheduled at the hotels around there, and that is not nearly as nice a venue.

I am originally from Tacoma, and I have one brother there, one in Seattle and my folks are across the Narrows bridge in Gig Harbor at Horsehead Bay, across from the sand spit you see in the photo above.

Tim
August 2nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Nice pictures Steve. Did you take the ones of flowers? If so, you did a great job. What camera did you use? I have an old Cannon 35mm that I brought out of the closet. Now when I take pictures I have them made into digital.

sunvalleylaw
August 2nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Nice pictures Steve. Did you take the ones of flowers? If so, you did a great job. What camera did you use? I have an old Cannon 35mm that I brought out of the closet. Now when I take pictures I have them made into digital.

Nah, I just linked stuff I found using Google. I have a great old Nikon FE I received for becoming and Eagle Scout when I was 18 that I don't use enough (Still takes better pics than any of out other cameras we have owned) and a relatively recent Canon Digital. Neither saw use this vacation. My wife took some shots but I don't have them uploaded yet.