PDA

View Full Version : Prince on SNL...

6STRINGS 9LIVES
February 6th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Anybody happen to catch Prince on SNL this past Saturday.. I've never been a fan or purchaser of his music, but i caught his apparence on snl and was truly impressed eith his chops and the tone he had ..played a strat with what looked like emg's and a floyd ..man he played the frets off that thing, actually a pretty good tune too ...just wondering ..6S9L

warren0728
February 6th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I didn't see it live.....here's a link to the first song he did on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/w/prince?v=hospswwC74k&search=prince

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 6th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Yup, daugher and I saw it. Rippin'. I've always been a fan of Prince. He's talented as heck and a fine performer. Smart guy too. He deserves all the recognition he's received.

Justaguyin_nc
February 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM
nice video link warren thanks! was well worth watching.. I sit and watch his purple rain movie now and then... always liked Prince..

SuperSwede
February 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, prince is a great guitarist... He has LOTS of boss pedals on stage. I remember watching a tv show about him a few years ago and they showed his gear, must have been 10-12 pedals connected :)

Tim
February 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Great link Warren. I tried to watch his fingers. Was the main chord progression a G at 3rd position, C 1st position and D7 at 3rd position? He played the scales too fast for my eye. I will review the link several more times and try to discern.

Katastrophe
February 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Awesome, just awesome. The guy is a musical genius. Cool guitar, too!

SuperSwede
February 6th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I liked his old guitar, really weird design!
I think ESP built it, but I dont know if it was available for purchase from them.

warren0728
February 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM
i really haven't followed his music much...i didn't realize really how good a player he is. Might have to revisit some of his music and watch purple rain again.

ww

marnold
February 6th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Or take a dip in the cleansing waters of Lake Minnetonka.

r_a_smith3530
February 7th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I missed the show but I have a DVD that he put out titled, "Prince LIVE at the Aladdin Las Vegas." In it he plays a tele, an Ibanez semi hollow Artcore, and a couple of custom-built guitars. Yes, he's a fretboard wizard, that there is no doubt. He's also a musical genius and a bandleader extraordinaire!

I have not seen such precision choreography since I was in the military!

In addition to Prince himself, the DVD features Nikka Costa, Maceo Parker, Sheila E., Rhonda Smith, Renato Neto, Greg Boyer, and Eric Leeds.

Rhonda Smith's bass work is really hot. Check out her "Intellipop" CD.

Robert
February 26th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Hey, I'm a big Prince fan! I saw him in Edmonton a few years ago on his "One Nite Alone" tour, and boy what he and the boys played. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. That link that was posted didn't work, does anyone have it somewhere to share? I'd love to check out that clip.

Justaguyin_nc
February 26th, 2006, 09:42 AM
It's still there Robert.. just search the word Prince

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Prince