PDA

View Full Version : strat trem

pes_laul
August 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
On my squire strat the trem arm (bought off ebay) seems to wobble around there unless i have it so tight it only sways in place can i have it loose so it goes to the bottom of the guitar or will it break?

Tone2TheBone
August 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
You can tighten the arm till it "grabs" but not further than that or you'll strip and break the arm tip inside. Take some teflon plumbers tape and wrap it around the threaded end of the trem arm and screw it in until it is snug. You should have no problems after that.

pes_laul
August 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
You can tighten the arm till it "grabs" but not further than that or you'll strip and break the arm tip inside. Take some teflon plumbers tape and wrap it around the threaded end of the trem arm and screw it in until it is snug. You should have no problems after that.
thats not what i mean i mean would it be safe to have the arm loose cuz if its tight it will mess with my playing but if i had the arm loose enough so it kinda sways around would that strip the screws

Tone2TheBone
August 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Most trem arms are loose that's normal. That's just the nature of the beast. With normal use and hand pressure you should be fine when you reach to use it. What I'm saying is not to tighten or screw it in past the snug point. It will strip and break inside at the threads.

snarph
August 3rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
or get an after market bridge with a pop in arm no threads to break snap strip