PDA

View Full Version : Making my way back

Hogfullofblues
August 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Man, life has thrown me nothing but curve balls for the last few months, of the most nasty and wicked type. Just now starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Have really missed playing and visiting the forum. Lots of new folks I see - Welcome!
Really looking forward to trying to catch up on everything I missed and getting some callouses back. And I've decided to sorta start over from scratch and work from the basics forward, since I never knew what the basics were when I started and have fallen into all the bad habits that beginners can.
So I'll be jumping in here and there as I can and talk to ya all then,

Tim
August 4th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Welcome back to the Fret Net and the world of guitars. Yeah, life can be a real pain in the a**. As I try to explain to my young adult children, I never said life was easy. Hopefully you are about to reach the crest of your valley and you will have a nice stable plateau to travel on. But beware, just when you least expect it. BAM! A crises will hit you between the eyes. Always be prepared for the worst.

I was talking to my 88 year old father the other day. He fell and there was nobody there to help him up. As he laid there he realized how helpless he is at the age of 88. He waited an hour until mother found him. His words to me was that getting old is not for sissies. It takes a strong willed person to go through the process of growing old. Only wimps take the easy way out and he would not dream of going down that road.

Good luck on your venture of starting from the beginning on the basics of playing guitar. This too shall be a challenge.

sunvalleylaw
August 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Welcome back Hog! I have thought of you and wondered how things were going. Looking forward to being back in touch. Tim- that is a tough but inspiring story about your Dad. Thanks for sharing it.

oldguy
August 4th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Welcome back, Hogfulloblues!
I'm sort of in the same situation. It can suck sometimes but never give up!
Glad to see yer back, man.

tot_Ou_tard
August 5th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Glad to hear that you are back hog! I've been gone too, so I didn't know that you had left.

Good luck with whatever you have been dealing with.

Justaguyin_nc
August 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Welcome back hog, oldguy, tot... hope your real lives give you the time to enjoy a bit of the guitar if not the net...

Everything passes... and it always gets better.. eventually..

best wishes!

warren0728
August 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
welcome back hog...i've kinda been away too....life has been throwing me some curve balls too (and sinkers) but i'm on the forum more now than over the past few months...

ww

ted s
August 5th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Hey there Hog, I was just wondering lately where's HfOBlues.
Hope all is well.

Spudman
August 5th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Glad that you're back Hog.

If life didn't give you curve balls then you'd never have the need for a smile when things get better. Just remember all those curve balls from the past and that you got through them alright and know that it's the same every time you get another one. It all works out and it's just the way life is.

Oh. Don't forget that you have friends that are happy to lend an ear or help out however they can. :)

M29
August 6th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Hello Hogfullofblues,

Welcome back! This has been a summer of trials for me as well but all is a go now. Lets have some fun with these here gitars, effects, amps, cabs, calluses, speakers, knobs and strings and things. :R

M29

Tone2TheBone
August 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Keep those cards and letters coming Hogster.

Robert
August 7th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Welcome back, Hog!

I just came back from a long holiday trip and have much to catch up on here on the Fret.

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet, so to speak.

Hogfullofblues
August 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks all for the kind words, support and welcome back!
I am sorry to hear I am not the only one chompin' on a sh*t sandwich though. So best wishes and welcome back OG, Warren, M, Robert & Tot, and anyone I may have missed.
Yes, this too shall pass, although it will take a while yet. In the meantime, I am finding a little time to play and check out the forum.
On the positive side, my start over seems to have made an immediate improvement. Whoda thunk something as mundane as proper left hand position would make such a difference. Feels unnatural and I have to really pay attention, but at least I can hit a few chords now that don't sound like cats fighting.
Times like these always have silver linings. For me, music, guitar, this forum and all of you are golden.
Thanks again,
Hog

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Glad to see you back, Hog. Hope the hard part is past for ya!