PDA

View Full Version : Roland vs840 - vs880

6STRINGS 9LIVES
February 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM
just wondering if anybody has any experience with these digital multi-track machines, been watching a few on ebay, and they have been selling for under 300 bucks not bad for 8 tracks of digital and some effects processing , i think the platform is from the late 90's .. anyone used one ..6S9L

Tim
February 7th, 2006, 09:37 AM
When I ordered Band-In-A-Box 2004 I received a copy of two other programs: Roland VSC and Power Tracks Pro. I have no idea how to use these two programs. But I was told by Jim P. that I could possible use Power Track to record myself. Presently I do know that the Roland VSC does play midi songs. I need to figure out more about both programs or find a cheaper software package to purchase. Funds are very low right now.

SuperSwede
February 7th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I used to have a VS-840 a few years ago, they are really good. The only bad thing is that the recordings are hard to edit (and my only had a SCSI out, so I had to move everything to my computer before editing). I really recommend that you look for the EX (expanded) versions (dont know about the 840, but the 880 was available as expanded). They have COSM effects built in, and even some guitar amp models if I remember correctly). They also had a ZIP drive built in.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
February 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM
THANKS GUYS, i have seen a few go for as loiitle as 189.oo us in the last 2 weeks , yeah Super the vx models look like the way to go , would probably make a good shetch pad for tunes ,, cheers 6S9L

SuperSwede
February 8th, 2006, 05:35 AM
6s9l, some VS did not include HD so you better check that out before you buy (old SCSI drives can be hard to find these days). Expanded has IDE so that would be a better buy if you need to replace the HD in the future.