PDA

View Full Version : Another_CinderBlock JOIN IN!

Justaguyin_nc
August 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I miss the times when people would join in on songs...

I did about 1 minute here..the rest... comeon..add to it.. so I can learn from different riffs and licks!

http://www.box.net/shared/3o55lc4xli

zeusse
August 4th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I'll give it a go.....my box of wine is got me feeling good...LOL

zeusse
August 4th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Ok here's my quicky one take go at this:)

http://www.box.net/shared/pnub9hmlho

250Keith
August 4th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Hell if a box of wine can do that I want the barrel:DR
Nice job.

SuperSwede
August 5th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Must be a good wine!

+1

Justaguyin_nc
August 5th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Zeusse!! +1 , keep up the wine drinking!!! enjoyed the heck out of it @@

Pickngrin
August 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I'm embarrassed to be posting this after Zeuss' hot solo, but oh well...

http://www.box.net/shared/jr2mna7zdd

Justaguyin_nc
August 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I'm embarrassed to be posting this after Zeuss' hot solo, but oh well...

http://www.box.net/shared/jr2mna7zdd

You go Pickngrin!! Not a thang to be embarrassed about there..or here..:)
thanks for jumping in..enjoyed it!!

Pssst...maybe that will awaken a few more to jump in.. it's allll gooood!!

zeusse
August 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well done Pickngrin its all good dude the more you jam the easier it gets David Gilmour wasn't built in a day....ok maybe 3 days nothing to be embarrassed here about I know some guitarists that just became amazing within a year of hanging out at guitar sites and just getting involved on jams its all about fun and learning:)

Justaguyin_nc
August 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Ok, those heavy sounds made mine feel so weak..lol..I had to put a muff over my part.. hmm I guess it would be called double tracking if I remembered what I hit..lol... least to me it fits a bit better!

http://www.box.net/shared/oyrtgtymra

Pickngrin
August 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Well done Pickngrin its all good dude the more you jam the easier it gets David Gilmour wasn't built in a day....ok maybe 3 days nothing to be embarrassed here about I know some guitarists that just became amazing within a year of hanging out at guitar sites and just getting involved on jams its all about fun and learning:)

Thanks, guys... unfortunately, I've been playing for too many years to not be a few frets closer to Gilmour!

zeusse
August 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks, guys... unfortunately, I've been playing for too many years to not be a few frets closer to Gilmour!Thats ok Gilmour will always be a few frets ahead of everyone.:D

Tone2TheBone
August 6th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Great job you guys. Justa was kind enough to email me the tune. I can't listen to them from work because we have a block on box.net Thanks Justa and again great collaboration and great work.

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Great guys! Thanks Justa for getting it going and all of you for sharing.

Spudman
August 10th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I added a take on to the end of this, well near the end. This features the new Peavey Generation EX Tele type guitar along with my out of practice playing. Sheesh, I'd better quit enjoying my summer and start wood shedding.
It goes: bridge pup, neck pup, neck + bridge.
http://www.box.net/shared/4lc2dudt1p

sunvalleylaw
August 10th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Sir Spud, that was great! And it did not sound anything at all like your last solo. (inside joke). It had elements of, and the some of the feel of, the actual solo from the song, but is your own thing. Right on!

Justaguyin_nc
August 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Enjoyed it Spuds!! Thanks for reviving the thread!! It's turning into a fun track to listen to for me...

Pickngrin
August 10th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Nice job, Spuds!

zeusse
August 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Nice work on this Spudman and a lovely tone too that Generation X Peavey sounds good to my ears. Cmon jammers still some room left:DR

SuperSwede
August 12th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Nice playing Spuds!

SuperSwede
August 12th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I made this wacky synth-like sound using a fixed setting on the bender and added some various filters and plugs. Quite strange!

http://www.box.net/shared/q20rot6uij

zeusse
August 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
it was quite different SuperSwede and gave it a cool new whacky vibe:D

SuperSwede
August 13th, 2007, 01:54 AM
it was quite different SuperSwede and gave it a cool new whacky vibe:D

Yeah, I´m all about whacky vibes :p

Justaguyin_nc
August 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I knew ya would chime in sooner or later SSwede..:) Great sound and playing.. whacky and different vibes for sure..

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cool SuperSwede! Really different take that works!

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Cool SuperSwede! Really different take that works!

P.S. Did you use the new Garageband on that?

Spudman
August 14th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Really tasty and brave SS. It sounded like a modulated Whammy pushed all the way forward. Tres' coolio. Highly experimental.:cool:

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks everyone, I am in a very experimental "phase" at the moment... :p

Sunvalley, yes that was made with Garageband ´08.

Spud, that was a fixed setting on a whammy through a band pass filter. I really like that sound, but I am still searching for that Pat Metheny synth sound (without spending a fortune on a Roland guitar synth)... The Line6 bender doesnt track that well, so I might invest in an external whammy.

Tone2TheBone
August 15th, 2007, 08:55 AM

Spud, that was a fixed setting on a whammy through a band pass filter. I really like that sound, but I am still searching for that Pat Metheny synth sound (without spending a fortune on a Roland guitar synth)... The Line6 bender doesnt track that well, so I might invest in an external whammy.

Hey buddy...email me the track I wanna hear.

sunvalleylaw
August 15th, 2007, 09:28 AM

Cool SS! I am excited to get the new home machine and play with GB '08. Metheny does an online class that I have not watched yet on recording with the Mac. I wonder if there is an effect in there that would help. Not that he would give away all I suppose.

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Cool SS! I am excited to get the new home machine and play with GB '08. Metheny does an online class that I have not watched yet on recording with the Mac. I wonder if there is an effect in there that would help. Not that he would give away all I suppose.

He uses a midi pickup to trigger synth sounds, I really would like a Roland GR guitar synth + pickup but I really cannot justify buying something like that at the moment.