PDA

View Full Version : Jack problems

pes_laul
August 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
On my squire strat for a long team (3 years) and lately i noticed that that jack seems to of gotten higher like lately and im not sure what it is all I know is my trem arm when it swings down it hits the chord is there anyway i can mess with it so its lower???

250Keith
August 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM
What!:D

pes_laul
August 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
LOL the jacks pointed upwards so the chord sticks out at a high angle so my trem arm hits it and gets stuck

Tone2TheBone
August 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Dude...again you're talking about aspects of Strats that are inherent in the design. Is the jack you're talking about actually sticking up off the guitar or something? Is the jack bent up angle further than normal? My trem arm will hit the chord on my 50s Strat but it's not so bad on the 60s. Take some pics of your guitar and post them here.

zeusse
August 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM
some good angle shots of that would be good so we can see where its touching but the jack can't move otherwise there are strange powers at work when your sleeping;)

Tim
August 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I'll bet the trem arm is bent down from heavy usage.

pes_laul
August 5th, 2007, 11:24 AM
ok :) i got it fixed turns out it was the chord that was really bent and all that stuff and my arm is a little bent

Spudman
August 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
ok :) i got it fixed turns out it was the chord that was really bent and all that stuff and my arm is a little bent

Chord? lol Try 'cord' for the stringy looking thing that plugs the guitar in and 'chord' for a bunch of notes all played together. lol:D

Glad you figured out what the problem was. Sometimes the jack plate material is thin enough that it will actually bend at the input jack nut and that would also change the angle.

Chord, lol.:)

pes_laul
August 6th, 2007, 09:04 AM
yeah it aslo turns out that the jack is bent a little and thats why the CORD is angled high now i just gotto figure out how to fix it