PDA

View Full Version : EH Little Big Muff

Tone2TheBone
August 6th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I'd been wanting some kind of fuzz pedal since I've never had one in the 30 years I've been playing. It's your basic run of the mill fuzz pedal only it's smaller and rounder and thicker. Has the same knob functions that the Big Muff Pi has and sounds the same. It has a 9V adapter for running it off AC. Fits on my pedal board nicely and really sounds good. It has a really nice fat juicy saturated fuzz but yet you can get nice overdrive type sounds when you turn down the saturation. The tone knob is what gives the pedal it's versatility. The pedal works best on the bridge pup of my Strats. Really makes the pickup more useful for me. For years I lived on the neck and middle on my Strats but now that I have a fuzz it's almost always on the bridge or middle. I've noticed that Jimi used the bridge pickup a lot when he'd kick in the Fuzz Face he had. It just fattens up that pickup. Unit was cheap too...$64.00. It gets hissy noisy at max saturation but you don't notice it until you stop playing. It works extremely well with other distortion pedals too. Just a heads up for a decent fuzz pedal at a decent price.