PDA

View Full Version : Line6 Tube Amp?

Lev
August 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM
It appears Line6 are planning to release a hybrid modelling/tube amp. There was something on their website yesterday about it but it has been removed. Looks like they are teaming up with Bogner....

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=273255

Jimi75
August 8th, 2007, 06:43 AM
If I remember correctly, the combination of the Atomic Amp plus the POD or any other modeler, which is a hybrid construction if brought together, sold very very bad. We still have dealers that complain about not being able to sell. Furthermore, I have heard that the Line6 sales generally decreased over the past 4 years.

Don't know man, on the one hand I would be happy to have something "tuby" combined with a modeler, on the other hand I doubt that Bogner is a good company to do such a project with.

Hopefully, they deliver a great product and everybody will be satisfied for few money - Line6 prices are pretty fair as we know.

BUT as this is no business talk I am keen on getting updated on this topic and I could imagine buying such an amp!

Jimi75
August 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Me again.....

I have spoken with my local dealer and he told me about the following products that the Line 6 guy told him he could order soon:

Line6 Spider Valve-112
Line6 Spider Valve-212
Line6 Spider Valve-100 HD

Well, Spider plus valves? It is supposed to be equipped with 6L6 and 12 AX 7 tubes.

We'll see.....