PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland!

Ger the man
August 8th, 2007, 02:39 AM
At one time I thought the tele was the most un-attractive looking guitar out there. Now Im after buying this and cannot put it down! I have a Highway1 strat too but the tele is way superior.

Here she is.....

http://elderly.com/fmic/items/FADTS-ACB-MPL.htm

Lev
August 8th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Hey Ger, I saw your post about your tele on boards.ie... be sure to post an intro - nice to have another Irishman here...

sweet Tele by the way!!

Ger the man
August 8th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Hi Lev,
Thanks! Ive just got back into it after a year of bored guitar playing over ten years ago. Im into a lot of stuff except heavy metal (too many of them in Ireland). i like most styles and am looking at disco\funk at the moment, would like to jam with other musicians as its the only way to keep up the motivation (hence the boredem yeard ago)

Cheers

ted s
August 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Hi Ger, welcome.
That Tele sure is a beauti !, nice score !

Ger the man
August 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Cheers Ted!

tot_Ou_tard
August 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Ger, I agree with you. I once thought Teles were butt ugly.

I don't anymore, but even so, yours is extra sweet.

Welcome!!

warren0728
August 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
welcome ger....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

tot_Ou_tard
August 8th, 2007, 07:42 PM
welcome ger....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated
Warren, did you write a script which posts your patented welcome at the flick of a key, or do you cut n' paste each time?

;) :D ;)

sunvalleylaw
August 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Welcome Ger the Man! I have some ancestors in Tipperary somewhere, and have a special love for your land (even though I have never been). Thanks for joining!

warren0728
August 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
cut and paste baby! :DR

i have the code as a plain text file on my desktop that i cut and paste and then just change the name!

low tech and simple....kinda like my guitar playin'! :D :eek:

ww

Ger the man
August 9th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments folks. My plan was to get a gibson but was very dissapointed with the guitars I tried (an LP Baritone, LP Studio and Explorer). Im learning a lot of Andy Summers (The Police) stuff saw the tele, tried it and fell in love with it. My strat is sitting in the corner now!

Robert
August 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Ger, nice to have you here!

I have a Squier Tele, and it works great for me. Someday I'll get a Fender Tele I imagine.

Ger the man
August 9th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Cheers Robert!