PDA

View Full Version : Special Sales and Discounted Offers

Tim
February 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
The other day I called the nearest GC to check on 90-degree stomp box cables. The sales person said they did not carry them. He recommended I check with MF. I thank him for being so courteous and recommending a competitor to purchase the cables. He told me that MF is not a competitor because GC and MF are own by the same people. I personally did not know this!!!!

That got me thinking that all the special sales and discounted offers by GC across the US are most likely all the returns sent back to MF. Makes you think about that extra special offer you thought you got at GC doesn’t it? Could it be true?

warren0728
February 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
i heard that actually a lot of the guitars on musicians friend come from the guitars that get played on by every kid (and adults too) that come in the GC's. where else can you walk in and say hey can i play that epi goldtop, that gibson standard and that fender muddy waters special and have the salesman hand you a cord and say go for it.

In fact if you go to guitar centers website and the click order online it sends you to musicians friends website.

ww

Tim
February 8th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Yes, I did notice that the other day when I was on the GC webpage. I thought I hit the wrong comptuer key.

r_a_smith3530
February 8th, 2006, 09:25 AM
This has been true for at least the last year or more. I remember over a year ago, I wanted to order something, rather than driving down to my local GC (about fifteen-twenty miles away). When I clicked on the link from the GC website, it took me straight to MF.

Now, when I see a special price offerred at MF on an item that I want, I print it out and take it into my local GC, and that's what I pay for it!

Iago
February 8th, 2006, 09:42 AM
where else can you walk in and say hey can i play that epi goldtop, that gibson standard and that fender muddy waters special and have the salesman hand you a cord and say go for it.

In fact if you go to guitar centers website and the click order online it sends you to musicians friends website.

ww

HAHAHAHAHA, that`s true Warren! Actually, that`s how I found out about Musicians Friend!