PDA

View Full Version : Sg-3?

M29
August 8th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Hello,

Ii just saw a promotion for a new Gibson SG-3 and wondered if any of you have played or seen one yet? This SG comes with what looks to be three single coil bar type pickups. It looks great like it would have a unique sound. I am anxious to hear one.

http://www.gibson.com/q32007contest.aspx

M29

Bloozcat
August 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Haven't tried one yet, but I'll let you know after I win the contest...:D

M29
August 8th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hey thats not nice:eek: That was the only picture I could find, I did not want to post one from a music store:o

Should rock from the looks of it.

M29

Bloozcat
August 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
If I didn't know better (and I may not), I'd say that Gibson might be trying to win Peter Townsend back again with this guitar....

M29
August 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I have always liked the three pickup SG's and LP's and that is what I was thinking about using on my LP build later this winter. I have heard though that the middle pickup can be troublesome with strumming or picking. Have you had any experience with this? This is something I need to know before I get too far into the build so I might as well find out right now.

M29

Jimi75
August 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Okay, my local music store has bought a fresh final production sample straight from the tradefair booth.

Acording to my main contact in the shop the guitar sounds horrible.

Usually, I believe him but I will check it myself anyway, as I can not belive it.
Why does one buy an SG? Because one wants the typical sound of an SG.

I could imagine that this is an alternative for die hard SG players, who always dreamed of another pu combination.