PDA

View Full Version : Gonna see Robert Cray tomorrow night

Tone2TheBone
August 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I love this song...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gspgpKcu7Bo

Love his other stuff too. He'll be playing with Keb Mo at the Lakes across the river from my house. I can't wait!

LagrangeCalvert
August 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Lucky DOG!

I missed him when he came to Cincinnati. My girlfriend was bugging the crap out of me to see him and then we didn't........

Have fun, and have Keb Mo do the song "whole nutha thing"...really cool song.

warren0728
August 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
He'll be playing with Keb Mo at the Lakes across the river from my house. I can't wait!
keb mo puts on a great show too...very personable (both times i saw him) and robert cray should be in prime form after touring with clapton (he was great with him)....you are in for a treat!!

ww

250Keith
August 9th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Both of them will be in Portland on the 25th cant wait!
I have never seen Keb Mo, and the last time I seen Cray was when the 49ers won one of there super bowls, he played at the fillmore.

ted s
August 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Geez Tone, I'm gonna start driving your way right now, save me a seat eh !?
Nice, I keep an eye on Robertcray.com for the scheds. but nothing my way yet.

Tone2TheBone
August 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM
LG - I will ask him to play that you betcha!

Warren - man I can't wait it's gonna be awesome.

250 - I've never seen Keb Mo either but I know he'll be good.

ted - If you leave now you might make it in time for the first round of beers so hurry. I'll save a seat for ya. ;)

sunvalleylaw
August 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I have seen Cray and really enjoy his smooth guitar work. I have seen Keb Mo recently (last year) with Bonnie Raitt and was really impressed. Very expressive in his playing and vocally. Live, he brings more oomph than his recordings, at least the ones I have. Together, that should be an awesome show.

Mark
August 9th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Cray twice the guy can play!

Spudman
August 9th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Man, that should be a great show with both of them. Maybe they'll even do something together. That would be great. Tell Keb I said hello and he still owes me $20.

Tone2TheBone
August 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Man, that should be a great show with both of them. Maybe they'll even do something together. That would be great. Tell Keb I said hello and he still owes me $20.

I'll tell him. That reminds me I owe someone $10 still too.

It's gonna be great I can't wait. The weather is gonna be nice too. We've been having afternoon thunderstorms with lots of rain this summer but today through the weekend is going to be sunny and clear. Yeahhhh.

Tone2TheBone
August 11th, 2007, 08:29 PM
The show was incredible. We had so much fun dang! Where do I start?? Robert...Keb...and band...holy cow...the music was just incredible!!! I can't say anymore about it, you have to see them for yourselves....

ted s
August 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
ya, thanks Tone, I show up 5 minutes late and my seat was gone.. ;)

ted s
August 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
ya, thanks Tone, I show up 5 minutes late and my seat was gone.. ;)
The drive back home was long.

333maxwell
August 11th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I love this song...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gspgpKcu7Bo

Love his other stuff too. He'll be playing with Keb Mo at the Lakes across the river from my house. I can't wait!

I've known Robert for many years now, done a few blues festivals on the west coast with him as well..

A consumate pro, and you will have a great time.. enjoy!

sunvalleylaw
August 12th, 2007, 08:30 AM
The show was incredible. We had so much fun dang! Where do I start?? Robert...Keb...and band...holy cow...the music was just incredible!!! I can't say anymore about it, you have to see them for yourselves....

Glad you had fun! Ok, but please do say more! I am curious about your observations about the differences between the two. Not so much who is better but difference in approach or technique live. Any thoughts big guy?

Tone2TheBone
August 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Keb's style is really cool. A fresh sound. He's a hell of a player too and his songs are fluid. More of a contemporary bluesman and also a fantastic harmonica player as well. Man he loved playing out here he kept saying how much fun HE was having too. Robert played with him during the first set which was about an hour and a half. Then Keb played the 2nd half and Robert joined them at the end. What can you say about Robert. He's just smokin' great and his Strats just cut sweetly in that position 2. It was a great show I'm glad I got to go!

Edited to add: Kudos to the backup band they all did a hell of a job. Wonderful musicians all of them.

sunvalleylaw
August 13th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Keb's style is really cool. A fresh sound. He's a hell of a player too and his songs are fluid. More of a contemporary bluesman and also a fantastic harmonica player as well. Man he loved playing out here he kept saying how much fun HE was having too. Robert played with him during the first set which was about an hour and a half. Then Keb played the 2nd half and Robert joined them at the end. What can you say about Robert. He's just smokin' great and his Strats just cut sweetly in that position 2. It was a great show I'm glad I got to go!

Edited to add: Kudos to the backup band they all did a hell of a job. Wonderful musicians all of them.

Cool! that matches my experience when Keb played with Bonnie Raitt here last year. He really seems to enjoy playing live and it shows. I haven't seen Cray in a long time, (98/99 or so?) and would love to see him again now as someone learning to play and not just a consumer.

Robert
August 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM
You lucky duck. I wish I had been there! Good blues dudes for sure.

We had some good stuff come through here but I've been to busy to go. John Mayer, Derek Trucks, The Police, etc.

warren0728
August 13th, 2007, 03:39 PM
both times i saw keb mo it was at the house of blues and i was no more than 20 feet from him. His stage presence almost made you feel like you were hanging out at his house listening to him play. He was very interactive with the crowd and you could tell he was having a blast!

one of my favorites!

ww

slow&alive
August 13th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Here's one more for the road for you to enjoy--a song written by Robert & Eric Clapton!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBilW9cPfDA&NR=1

(Robert's got some great leads in this one too!)