PDA

View Full Version : how do you set your strat

pes_laul
August 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
i set my start with elixar 10's for strings the bridge is not floated i have a dimarzio humbucker at bridge i have 3 vibrato springs

Tone2TheBone
August 9th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys (10s) on my Strats. All floating. Vintage spec pups in both and use 3 springs V shaped on both now.

Justaguyin_nc
August 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Slinky Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom Strings, 5 springs on vibrato.
This on a Jimmie Vaughan that went out of tune once to often..
love it even more now.

stingx
August 9th, 2007, 02:35 PM
D'Addario XLs (10s) on both. Both trems decked. Three springs on both.

sunvalleylaw
August 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Like Pete said. D'Addario XL 10s and decked, stock springs. Other than strings, it is completely stock. Unlike the pic in my avatar, I do not have the trem bar attached.

Spudman
August 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Floated trem with 3 springs in a V. 10-46 for strings and a wedge of lemon. Shaken...not stirred.

Katastrophe
August 9th, 2007, 07:33 PM
.009s on my Strat, trem not floating, three springs. It's funny, I have 10s on my other guitars, but these felt right, so I'm sticking with them.

Dauntless
August 10th, 2007, 07:23 AM
70's "Classic" Natural Ash
GFS "Texas" Alnico Stagger Pickups
Black pickguard, knobs, ect...
GHS "Fatties" 10's
Floating with 3 springs V

She's got tons of Strat chime and is, at this point, my favorite! :DR

rkwrenn
August 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
D'Addario XLs (10s) on both. Both trems decked. Three springs on both.

+1

Except I put all 5 springs in mine and removed the wiggly bar.

Cheers,

Bob

Plank_Spanker
August 10th, 2007, 09:57 AM
10-46 D'Addarios, trem set resting on the body (I don't use the trem).

Two of my Strats are all stock (3 springs); one has a Wilky trem with 5 springs.

stingx
August 10th, 2007, 03:28 PM
+1

Except I put all 5 springs in mine and removed the wiggly bar.

Cheers,

Bob

I have no idea where either trem bar is :confused:

LagrangeCalvert
August 11th, 2007, 07:11 AM
50's series MIM
LSR roller nut
Graph Tech Saddles and string tree
Push pull Vol pot used as a "neck on" switch to have 2 more pup positions
3 Ply pick guard White/Black/White GFS
From neck to Bridge. S.Duncan Quarter Pounder / SD JB mini bucker / Q P
Sperzel locking tuners
Full size CTS 250K pots.
Black Knobs.
Addario's 9.5 XL's
3 springs with the trem bar in but NON floating.
Coil cut switch on the JB so its actually a 9 way switch.

Next project is two more cuts on the Quarter Pounders. They are 14.2K DC res :eek: and you can "cut" them (their 4 wire pups like a bucker) to 7.6K....then I think it will have all the bells and whistles you could ever want.

rkwrenn
August 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I have no idea where either trem bar is :confused:

Yep, all mine (4) ended up in the case I haul my Tele around in.

Cheers,

Bob

zeusse
August 11th, 2007, 02:32 PM
2 springs in a V to the mounting plate so its real twitchy and .046E Elixir, .036A Elixir, .024D D'Addario, .016G D'Addario, .013B Elixir, .010E Elixir, Gold Lace Sensor on the neck, 57Strat Reissue in the middle, and Red Lace Sensor on the Bridge...frets filed and set to dime height..or somewhere close:D

TS808
August 11th, 2007, 08:14 PM
3 springs in a V with a floating bridge on both American strats. Using DR .10's on my strats.

333maxwell
August 12th, 2007, 03:44 AM
i set my start with elixar 10's for strings the bridge is not floated i have a dimarzio humbucker at bridge i have 3 vibrato springs
For live, I use 10's for strait up and 11's for slide.

For home I use 9's (I have been using a modeler to dink around with, and string guage doesn't play nearly as much of a role in a total processed sound, that it plays in a live/amp situation.

Other than that, most of my strats, I put stacked (sometimes tapped) hummers in the bridge and neck, and a medium output good quality single in the middle. I prefer Seymours of most any flavor.

I quit using Floyds a long time ago, because I found no matter what, I would over use them.. couldn't help myself.. look what I can do.. wee' kinda crap.. *L*

But I block my standard trems so they only go Down.. this not only increases sustain, but keeps from any inconsistancys in intonation and string changes, and if you pop a string on stage (haven't done it in years, but it will and does happen) everything else stays in tune.. and that is a great insurance policy.