PDA

View Full Version : Love those backing tracks

helliott
August 11th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I haven't spent enough time combing the great backing track section. Spent some time there and really liked the following two. Took a swipe at both. The first has a fair bit of clankage due to my goofy determination to play slide and lead on the same track live. My Strat through a 30-watt Peavy Jack Daniels model. It's a little chaotic but lots of fun -- at least it was for me.
http://www.box.net/shared/qqug0ns8p5
The second is a great Santana style BT so I loaded up the PRS through the Mesa and this is what it sounded like.
http://www.box.net/shared/sfzq78frhz
Thanks to the folks who compose and/or locate these great tracks.

zeusse
August 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Very nice takes on both these tracks lots of soul brother and where you hiding in southern Ontario?

helliott
August 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks, fellow Ontarian. I'm living high off the Hammer -- Hamilton, that is, home of King Biscuit Boy, Kelly Jay, Tom Wilson and, of who's that other Hammer native .... oh yeah, some dude named Daniel Lanois. All the best to you and the Bellville brothers.

zeusse
August 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
We'll have to get you out here for the big spring jam I'm hosting a couple of Tim Hortons and you'll be here before you know it...LOL

SuperSwede
August 13th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Both tracks sounds great! I especially like that PRS > Mesa sound!

helliott
August 13th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Count me in for the spring jam! I've been known to drive much further for some wicked tunes. Would you believe Augusta?

zeusse
August 13th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh then you Danni Danzi, Chad, Master Tang and the boys I was suppose to go to that but couldn't get the time off work but I will be at the next one for sure I seen the vids of the jam....maybe we can share the driving duties...LOL

M29
August 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM
That was excellent helliott, nice tone with amp and git!

Do you happen to know the name of the first song you did so I can find it in the Backing Track thread? Excuse me if I missed the name or reference to it.

Thanks and please keep em coming!

M29

helliott
August 13th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry. Thought I included the name. I'll get it at home tonight and respond.

helliott
August 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM
SuperSwede said:

Funny story about that amp. I was g.a.s'sing around some local music stores and came upon the Mesa Lone Star, which was new on the market. I asked about it, and the salesguy asked what guitar I played. I told him, including that PRS is my #1 or #2, depending on mood and recent performances. He said, did I want to get a PRS and try the Mesa. I hate music store sitdowns, where there's always someone trying to outplay you and all you want to do is listen and feel the instrument and amp, let the g.a.s. symptoms come out to play, so to speak.
Anyhow, I said I didn't have time, thanks. Then he stops me cold and says, well, why don't you take it home for the weekend and see how you like it with your PRS? Well, given the amount of dough I've dropped at this store, I like to think I'm a preferred customer, but this was a new one. So I hauled the heavy mother out, home and into the basement lair.
I plugged in the PRS and played it, and that was it. G.A.S.'sed, in the extreme. Went back to the store and found the guy a few days later. He looks at me and gets this little smile on his mug. "Bringin the amp back, are ya?" Says I, "You know damn well that thing's not comin' back here."
Another little smile as he says: "Cash or credit?"

SuperSwede
August 13th, 2007, 12:59 PM
SuperSwede said:

Funny story about that amp. I was g.a.s'sing around some local music stores and came upon the Mesa Lone Star, which was new on the market. I asked about it, and the salesguy asked what guitar I played. I told him, including that PRS is my #1 or #2, depending on mood and recent performances. He said, did I want to get a PRS and try the Mesa. I hate music store sitdowns, where there's always someone trying to outplay you and all you want to do is listen and feel the instrument and amp, let the g.a.s. symptoms come out to play, so to speak.
Anyhow, I said I didn't have time, thanks. Then he stops me cold and says, well, why don't you take it home for the weekend and see how you like it with your PRS? Well, given the amount of dough I've dropped at this store, I like to think I'm a preferred customer, but this was a new one. So I hauled the heavy mother out, home and into the basement lair.
I plugged in the PRS and played it, and that was it. G.A.S.'sed, in the extreme. Went back to the store and found the guy a few days later. He looks at me and gets this little smile on his mug. "Bringin the amp back, are ya?" Says I, "You know damn well that thing's not comin' back here."
Another little smile as he says: "Cash or credit?"

Lol.... thats a really cool story! Of course he knew that he had already sold the amp when you brought it home :D

helliott
August 13th, 2007, 07:25 PM
M-29 said:
That was excellent helliott, nice tone with amp and git!

Do you happen to know the name of the first song you did so I can find it in the Backing Track thread? Excuse me if I missed the name or reference to it.

Thanks and please keep em coming!

M29
-----------------
The backing track you seek is Mustang_Silly. Enjoy.