PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Fretters!

slow&alive
August 12th, 2007, 10:56 PM
My name is Craig Furlong.

The guitar is so cool, and so are the people into it...and so is, of course, everything else that comes with it! My wife asked, "What do guys talk about regarding the guitar?" {as if there wasn't anything to it} :R

A little about myself, I have played the drums and keyboards in many groups throughout the years (I am 57 now), and the guitar is my universe these days, and I love to play anything good (especially around the blues, smooth jazz, bluegrass & acoustic)! I have thousands upon thousands of songs on my system, and currently play in front of my computer in my apartment, which I love to do.

I have a Strat with DiMarzio Humbuckers, a Wechter Pathmaker acoustic/electric, and a 30 year-old Yamaha FG-180 acoustic (it cost $125 back then, but the wood on it is sweet now, very aged and resonant). I have a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde overdrive, a Digitech GNX3 effects unit, and a Fender 25R Frontman amp...AND I have Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe on order to me as I type! :D Can't wait to get my hands on that little baby!

Thanks for being such a cool group--it is great to be here! I look forward to interacting with you guys on all-things-guitar!

Best Regards,
Craig T. Furlong

SuperSwede
August 13th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Welcome Craig!

Hide your wallet and cut your credit card cause this place is all about g.a.s

Oh..I almost forgot, dont be afraid of the nude pancake man. He´s mostly harmless.

ted s
August 13th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Welcome Craig T. Nice to meet you.

Lev
August 13th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Welcome Craig, your enthusiasm for the guitar really shows in your introduction. I think you'll fit right in here..

warren0728
August 13th, 2007, 05:21 AM
welcome craig....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

duhvoodooman
August 13th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Craig! Great bunch of folks here and we find plenty to talk about!

Bloozcat
August 13th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Welcome aboard, Craig!

Hope you enjoy your time here at thefret.net.

Robert
August 13th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Welcome Craig, you'll fit right in here.

Tim
August 13th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Hi Craig and welcome. Looks like the Fret Net just gained another talented player. It is good to have you aboard.

tot_Ou_tard
August 13th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I love people that are excited by their interests! Welcome Craig!

What is there to say about guitars? A piece of wood, some strings, play. :D

I guess we all should go home now. ;):D;)

Spudman
August 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Hidee ho neighbor. Welcome to our side of the fence.

sunvalleylaw
August 13th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Weclome Craig!

ET335
August 13th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome Craig!You will love it here.This is a great forum with lots of talented people.:DR

250Keith
August 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Welcome, great folks here thay have helped me alot!
Keith.

zeusse
August 13th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Hey Craig welcome aboard great bunch here:)

slow&alive
August 13th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks, everybody, for the rousing welcome! Makes a guy feel plum right at home!

I've been reading the forum here for a few months and really appreciate what a great thing you all have going here centered around the "git-box"!

Thanks again!

PS What is "g.a.s"? {I hope not the kind I'm thinking of}:eek:

Spudman
August 13th, 2007, 10:40 PM

We aren't gong to tell you. You'll have to search the site and then you'll understand what a terrible thing it can be. lol:D

250Keith
August 13th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks, everybody, for the rousing welcome! Makes a guy feel plum right at home!

I've been reading the forum here for a few months and really appreciate what a great thing you all have going here centered around the "git-box"!

Thanks again!

I asked the same thing, your going to have to do some reading:D
let us know when you find it.
PS a old timer told me once Do unto others what has been done to me.:DR
Keith.

tjcurtin1
August 14th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome, Craig! Here's a GAS hint, from when I asked the same question...
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=36986#post36986

However, I have not been here long enough to encounter the 'naked pancake man'.... so he can't be too dangerous - or even visible. Though I have been tempted to ask about Spudman's quote.... as a pancake lover myself (hoping I haven't stumbled into some kind of bad joke there....) BTW, Spudman, is that you in your new avatar?

Ted

Spudman
August 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
BTW, Spudman, is that you in your new avatar?

Ted

Here's a hint: Yes. It's me in name only. I'll be giving you the long distance runaround for a while as you try to guess.

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Hey Craig, I didn't notice where you were from. Had a chance to hang out there for a day and an evening with the family on vacation this last May. We were staying south at the Newport Coast Marriot, but came up to HB for a different scene. Pretty fun! Hung with the grandparents and kids on the beach during a Cuervo beach volleyball tourney with lots of live music, and my wife and I had a little night out another time. Sampled restaurants on the strip going up from the pier and window shopped. Anyway, glad to have you here!

Tone2TheBone
August 15th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Welcome Craig. I've got relatives in Hunington Beach. Good to have you here.

jpfeifer
August 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Welcome Craig,

I used to live close to that same area of Southern California.
Glad to have you as part of our group now!

Make sure to post links to some of your tunes.

-- Jim

slow&alive
August 16th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Welcome Craig,

I used to live close to that same area of Southern California.
Glad to have you as part of our group now!

Make sure to post links to some of your tunes.

-- Jim

Thanks again, all you guys...such a warm welcome.

G.A.S..."Gear/Guitar Acquisition Syndrome"...hmm, I shall keep a sharp lookout and close watch on this forum to see whether or not this is the culprit disease infecting the local strumming population. Doesn't sound too serious though. (Arghh, wait a minute...now I see...SuperSwede's message: "Hide your wallet and cut your credit card". Oh me, Oh my, THIS IS SERIOUS! :eek: )

I'm glad some of you know about Huntington Beach. This coastline area has to be one of the best in the world (Newport Beach, Laguna, HB, etc.). The weather and the beauty of the coastline, I mean.

Hi, Jim- I wish I could post some links to some of my tunes, but I can't record with my system (internal problems with my SONY machine). But it doesn't bother me. I used to have R.M.S. pretty bad for years with my own home studio. (R.M.S. = Recording-Mixing Syndrome; aka "Endless Time Under Headphones Malady")

Now I just play, play, play, and I am soooo happy to do it. I know you guys know what I mean!

Playing the guitar is so exciting and invigorating because it involves going somewhere new all the time (deep inside your sonic heads-up display, cranial-tube-projector). ;)

Brian Krashpad
August 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Welcome Craig! Those old Yammy acoustics are great. I have a 12-string from the 70's that I bought a couple years ago in a pawn and it sounds great. Loud as f*ck too!

Brian Krashpad
August 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks again, all you guys...such a warm welcome.

G.A.S..."Gear/Guitar Acquisition Syndrome"...hmm, I shall keep a sharp lookout and close watch on this forum to see whether or not this is the culprit disease infecting the local strumming population. Doesn't sound too serious though. (Arghh, wait a minute...now I see...SuperSwede's message: "Hide your wallet and cut your credit card". Oh me, Oh my, THIS IS SERIOUS! :eek: )

Trust me, it can get pretty bad if you ain't careful! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v26/BrianKrashpad/th_GuitarCollage07.jpg

I'm glad some of you know about Huntington Beach. This coastline area has to be one of the best in the world (Newport Beach, Laguna, HB, etc.). The weather and the beauty of the coastline, I mean.

I lived in both the LA (Long Beach) and San Diego (Chula Vista) areas when I was a kid-- of course that was some 40 years ago, so I'm guessing it's very different by now.

pes_laul
August 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM
welcome craig!

Hmmm i also havent seen the nude pancake man i might have to do some detective work ;)

warren0728
August 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hmmm i also havent seen the nude pancake man i might have to do some detective work ;)
yeah....who is that guy? :eek: http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
The guy that really makes the trouble is the nude bacon man. Watch for him.;)

slow&alive
August 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Welcome Craig! Those old Yammy acoustics are great. I have a 12-string from the 70's that I bought a couple years ago in a pawn and it sounds great. Loud as f*ck too!

I hear ya, Brian! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Yamaha acoustics are like fine wine when they get older...:p
...and yes, they get louder!

SuperSwede
August 17th, 2007, 01:36 AM
The guy that really makes the trouble is the nude bacon man. Watch for him.;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jesus, you scared the hell the hell out of me Spuds!
Who is the naked bacon man??? He must be a horrible thing to see! ;)