PDA

View Full Version : Which artist and album are you currently listening to?

Robert
August 14th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I bought Eric Gales' "That's What I Am" and I'm diggin' it a lot. His version of Foxy Lady just smokes!! :D :D :D

What's "spinning on your turntable" these days?

250Keith
August 14th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Right now I'm listening to Susan Tedeschi Live from Austin TX

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I have been listening to obscure 80s mix on my iPod. And actually right now (while at work), I have been listening to KPLU.org public radio jazz on the internet radio. Kind of classic and bluesy jazz mix mostly.

pie_man_25
August 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I'm listening to a tape of Jeff Beck's Truth on an all-analog stereo. If you want to enjoy your music, its gotta be in analog, digital just doesn't cut it.

Tone2TheBone
August 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Revisiting Pink Floyd's DSOTM.

zeusse
August 14th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Listening to a ton of Stanley Jordan and some old Jeff Beck..:)

R_of_G
August 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Listening to a lot of Tom Waits these days [more so than usual even]. Mostly the "Bone Machine", "Mule Variations" and "Rain Dogs" albums. Also getting a lot of play is a live Pink Floyd performance from 72 {a full run thru a still unfinished DSOTM}

stingx
August 14th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Storm Troopers of Death - Speak English or Die

SuperSwede
August 14th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Two albums that have been spinning a lot lately is

Danzig - "Danzig"

&

George Straight - "Ocean Front Property" with the really cool "All my exes live in Texas" :R

Tone2TheBone
August 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Danzig - "Danzig"

&

George Straight - "Ocean Front Property" with the really cool "All my exes live in Texas" :R

Yeee hawwww. ;)

SuperSwede
August 14th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yeee hawwww. ;)

I played a lot of GTA San Andreas on ye olde Xbox and it has a Country radio channel that plays a lot of fantastic old and new country. I can really recommend the game too (as well as the EPIC masterpiece Ocean Front Property ;) )

guitartist
August 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Let's see...at this very moment I'm listening to Rory Gallagher's "Irish Tour '74".
This weekend I bought "Boss Guitar" by Wes Montgomery and "The Kansas City Sessions" by Lester Young (its got Freddie Green guitar playing on it). Some other recent purchases I've been listening to a lot are "The Weirdness", which is Iggy Pop's reunion of the Stooges , Southern Culture on the Skids "Doublewide & Live", and The Best of Freddie King.

But overall since this spring, the band I've been into the most has been the Small Faces. Other than "ItchyKoo Park" I had never heard any of this band's stuff, and let me just say if you are into the British Invasion, you will love this band. Seriously, I think they were right up there with the Kinks, the Zombies and the Who during the few years they were together. Steve Marriott wasn't a spectacular guitarist, but his songwriting and singing made up for it (plus, the rest of the band was really good).

Okay, Rory Gallagher just ended and I put on King Sunny Ade, "The Best of His Classic Years"

guitartist
August 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'm listening to a tape of Jeff Beck's Truth on an all-analog stereo. If you want to enjoy your music, its gotta be in analog, digital just doesn't cut it.

That is SO COOL that you are listening to Jeff Beck's "Truth" Pieman! I bought that album 30 years ago when I was in high school and its been one of my favorites ever since...its great to know that high school students (at least one anyway!) are still digging it.

P.S. Analog systems with tube amp speakers especially sound good....

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
The Smithereens, "Blood and Roses" from Especially for You, deriving from the obscure 80s playlist mentioned above.

Spudman
August 14th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Chain "Reconstruct".

Spudman
August 14th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Danzig - "Danzig"

&

Aren't those at either end of the spectrum? You certainly are an adventurer outside of the convention of normalization. Party on Garth.:DR

pie_man_25
August 14th, 2007, 06:07 PM
That is SO COOL that you are listening to Jeff Beck's "Truth" Pieman! I bought that album 30 years ago when I was in high school and its been one of my favorites ever since...its great to know that high school students (at least one anyway!) are still digging it.

P.S. Analog systems with tube amp speakers especially sound good....

thanks a lot, I find his playing style more passionate and unique than today's "virtuosos" who go all speed.

P.S. Its solid state, sadly, but we do have some all tube preamps for our turntables, my father has a good pioneer and I have a cheap akai, they both have magnetic cards though.

Ro3b
August 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
In current heavy rotation:

Dieselboy, Dungeon Master's Guide
Aphex Twin, Drukqs
Brian Eno, Ambient 1: Music for Airports
Air, Pocket Symphony
Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall

Not a guitar in sight, strangely.

tjcurtin1
August 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Revisiting some of Bela Fleck and the Tones - what incredible musicians! Started with Bela playing classical on 'Perpetual Motion'.

Ted

Mark
August 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Slim Whitman the man could jam!

OK......

Steve Kimock Eudemonic cat can play too!!

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Aren't those at either end of the spectrum? You certainly are an adventurer outside of the convention of normalization. Party on Garth.:DR

I have a pretty broad musical taste. I like quality music in all shapes and forms.

sunvalleylaw
August 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Hear, Hear, SS! My iPod is a very weird mix of things. Here's to mixing it up!

sunvalleylaw
August 15th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Here is a band that pops up on my turntable a lot. They might be there now. I only have them in vinyl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sdJh9peu6I&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9uUmz7xyJA&mode=related&search=

LagrangeCalvert
August 15th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Well....in my CD player.....I rotate between about four things.

Brad Paisley's "Part 2"

Fight Paris "Paradise Found"

Jimi Hendrix "BBC Sessions"

Led Zepplin "C O D A"

t_ross33
August 20th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band: Will the Circle Be Unbroken. The original ('72?) with Roy Acuff, Mother Maybell Carter, Earl Scruggs et al. Talk about some wicked pickin and grinnin :D This album still smokes. Live takes with a room full of musicians and tighter than a bull's arse in fly season! Yeee Haw!

Trev

Spudman
August 21st, 2007, 07:52 AM
Ray Wilson "Change" and Riverside "Second Life Syndrome"

R_of_G
August 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM
This week it's a bunch of live Pink Floyd 1969-1971. I have to get in a good Gilmour week every now and again, and a handful of Echoes never hurts. Also in the playlist this week is David Bowie Live at the BBC.

marnold
August 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Hmm. I recently listened to Dokken's "Tooth and Nail" on my computer. I've mainly been listening to Monty Python records in my car lately.

aeolian
August 21st, 2007, 01:10 PM
Over the last few days it's been:

Garbage - "Garbage"
Garbage - "Version 2.0"
Cowboy Junkies - "Lay It Down"
Yonder Boi - "Shallow And Profound"
Beatles - "Revolver"
Beatles - "1"

Spudman
August 21st, 2007, 10:07 PM
I should have posted this yesterday. I'm still listening to Riverside.
http://www.myspace.com/riversidepl Maybe a few of you haven't ever heard them. Check out "Loose Heart." It's a bit like Porcupine Tree.

They are really good and from Poland.

pie_man_25
August 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
I've been listening to a lot of stevie ray vaughan lately as well.

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
This week it's The Beatles. Revolver, Please Please Me and Love.

sunvalleylaw
August 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Today is "Live at Massey Hall", Neil Young. Played a little Beach Boys, "Endless Summer" plus a couple more songs off of "Pet Sounds" during Cub Scouts meeting last night.

R_of_G
August 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
This week it's The Beatles. Revolver, Please Please Me and Love.

Got in some Beatles this morning myself - Hard Day's Night, Love, and some Let It Be sessions stuff [some great guitar by George on the latter]. I usually can't go too long without listening to the Beatles or George solo.

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Got in some Beatles this morning myself - Hard Day's Night, Love, and some Let It Be sessions stuff [some great guitar by George on the latter]. I usually can't go too long without listening to the Beatles or George solo.

I totally agree. George has always been my favorite Beatle. Now if I can only get my hands on a sitar and learn "Love You Too" that would be awesome.

Check out these axes yeahhh