PDA

View Full Version : Nightlife

zeusse
August 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Here's another Jam Studio backer I threw together inbetween my Cheerio's this morning in the key of Eb

http://www.box.net/shared/ryehx02f52 Nightlife

And if any of you have a backer that you've made on Jam Studio and have a problem recording it send me the link and I'll record it for you and either email it back to you or I can post it here:)

250Keith
August 14th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Here's another Jam Studio backer I threw together inbetween my Cheerio's this morning in the key of Eb

http://www.box.net/shared/ryehx02f52 Nightlife

And if any of you have a backer that you've made on Jam Studio and have a problem recording it send me the link and I'll record it for you and either email it back to you or I can post it here:)

I liked what you did with that Rhyhm, Iam new to this recording stuff, some one should post a how too record the basics.

ted s
August 14th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cool Zeusse, I'm think'n you are going to be the resident jam-studio expert.

zeusse
August 14th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I don't know about expert but how about bored at home dude with too much time on my hands..LOL They said on the site they'll be adding some more tones and stuff so that can only be good and I'm gonna try mixing in some other midi samples I have and some other vst's so it should keep me busy till at least Christmas:R

Spudman
August 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I don't know about expert but how about bored at home dude with too much time on my hands..LOL They said on the site they'll be adding some more tones and stuff so that can only be good and I'm gonna try mixing in some other midi samples I have and some other vst's so it should keep me busy till at least Christmas:R

Cool. Then I'd like 5 top 10 hits please. Oh, minus the guitar track.;) :D

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the backer Zeusse!

helliott
August 15th, 2007, 10:31 AM
This is very cool and moody, and different than many other tracks I've heard here and other places. Nicely composed, too. I'm definitely taking a stab at a tasteful melody.

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I recorded something over this excellent backer... I hope you like the melody line.

http://www.box.net/shared/c37doaerie

jasongins
August 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Is that the sound of someone cracking open a beer at the beginning? Nice melody also.

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Is that the sound of someone cracking open a beer at the beginning? Nice melody also.

You bet :D

jasongins
August 15th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hey Zeusse,

Would you mind posting another thread going through how you managed to record the audio from the Jam Studio site into a backing track?

zeusse
August 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Hey SuperSwede that was just taste all the way around I could see that on an album for sure really well constructed licks:D

And yes Jason I'd be happy to do a detailed explaination of how I managed it on my Pro Tracks so regardless of what recording software you use it should work I'll throw a tutorial next week up I have to take off shortly and unfortunately have run out of time this week. I'll see if I can use my web cam to make it a bit easier to explain:)

helliott
August 15th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Super Swede, that was just sweet. Period.

SuperSwede
August 16th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys!

slow&alive
August 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Hey, zeusse!

Ka-rhyme-a-nent-lee!!! Your "Nightlife" backing track is great!!! :R

This simple, beautiful arrangement is not only powerful and effective, your recording mix is perfect! I really mean that. Getting a solid performance and arrangement is one thing, but to also get a recording mix to its best "ambiance" is the mark of a master. Good job, sir!!! BTW, I have a zillion backing tracks, and yours just went right to the top. I am going to love playing with such a beautiful piece of music.

And you whipped this up during breakfast while eating Cheerios???...I'd like to see what you'd come up if you had your Wheaties!

Hi, SuperSwede -- great playing! Your solo is excellent cream on the cake to zeusse's BT masterpiece -- your effect gives the music an overall haunting side that really takes it higher. I really enjoyed listening to it.

You nailed it!

One small recommendation...you might want to consider lowering the level on your lead a tad and conversely raise the BT level about the same (i.e., if they came a little closer together in level; the right amount might be to have both levels nearly the same except your guitar a smidge more...I bet if you try it you might like the effect even more {at least these are what some of the printout-reads seem to indicate that I am getting off of my sonic heads-up display cranial-tube-projector...but enough with the technical talk!}).

Thanks, you guys!!! My collection just grew by two great songs! :)

slow&alive
August 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Oh...one last thing, SuperSwede...

I think I'll go have that Miller now (you know, the one we hear at the beginning of the song :D )!

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Wonderful SS. I really like this one.
Is that a POD patch?

sunvalleylaw
August 16th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Really nice SS! You have many different sounds and melody lines. From this to your more experimental stuff to your takes on traditional swedish folk music if I recall correctly. That is really cool!

SuperSwede
August 17th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Slow&Alive, that was a Mariestad traditional swedish pilsner.

Spud, that was the PodXT. PM me if you want the patch file.

macluver
August 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM
ha, thats awesome

Algonquin
September 13th, 2007, 05:12 AM
This was well put together... good job to both of you.

It had a really nice Dire Straits 'Brothers in Arms' feel to it in places... And that's awesome.

I've got to start looking into this form of recording.

Begin the day
With a friendly voice
A companion, unobtrusive
Plays that song thats so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Ascension
November 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Love the feel and melodic sense of that one. I do a lot of stuff backing Prophetic guys in worship teams that is just off the cuff and improv on the fly. This kinda has that same kinda feel NICE :AOK: :AOK:
Here is my take at it
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=261302&content=songinfo&songID=6014348