Tone2TheBone
August 15th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone remember these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ8HHRR1A0&NR=1

Or this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wf1kw5Yp9Ck

sunvalleylaw
August 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Tone, you crack me up! Our childhoods keep connecting through social history. I used to love those things. Both products. I liked chocolate and butterscotch best I think, and needed some Tang to wash it all down with. LOL! I was 6-7 during the initial moon walk period (6 when Neil took his big step) and was enthralled with all of it. I have very particular memories of watching the big moment in a group of people watching a small black and white on the porch of a beach cabin on Vashon Island. Fell in love with my first blonde that year too. Baby sitter age, long blonde straight hair, surfer girl type. Man, will you stop making me reminisce?!

Tone2TheBone
August 15th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I knew at least YOU would respond. Yeah I was in California that week during the "moon landing" and watched the coverage the entire time. Holy cow that was in 1969. You can guess that I had plenty of space food and tang stocked up for me. hahahaha

Spudman
August 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Since when did Tootsie Rolls become energy food?:confused: :D

I missed these. We were living in rural Mississippi at the time and you were only allowed to watch TV at Klan meetings.:eek:

I do however remember the moonwalk along with hurricane Camille.

Mark
August 15th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Yea its all coming back to me now .....we got spaced.....yea.....and we ........yea we ate ......food .....lots of food.....mmmmmmmm......:DR

I do remember those and good old tang with a spam sandwich mmmmmmm

Hard to believe thats going on 40 years ago......and now when I burp dust comes out:eek:

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Yea its all coming back to me now .....we got spaced.....yea.....and we ........yea we ate ......food .....lots of food.....mmmmmmmm......:DR

I do remember those and good old tang with a spam sandwich mmmmmmm

Hard to believe thats going on 40 years ago......and now when I burp dust comes out:eek:

LMAO

warren0728
August 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah I was in California that week during the "moon landing" and watched the coverage the entire time.
skeptical?

ww

Mark
August 16th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I was ON the moon when they got there!!!! They was bringin me Tang and Space bars!!:R :R

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2007, 09:07 AM
skeptical?

ww

Totally. The radiation is too great past Earth's atmosphere to survive. The moon walks looked totally fake. Why haven't we gone back?..because we never went! And Stanley Kubrick is dead so we will never know for certain. And there is no Easter Bunny.

:p

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Totally. And there is no Easter Bunny.

What! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:(

warren0728
August 16th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Totally. The radiation is too great past Earth's atmosphere to survive.
ok...so what about the spacewalks from the shuttle and space station....aren't they subject to the same radiation....just askin'....

ww

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM
ok...so what about the spacewalks from the shuttle and space station....aren't they subject to the same radiation....just askin'....

ww

I don't think so because they're still within Earth's orbit and just past "outer space" but not beyond this thing called the Van Allen Radiation Belt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Van_Allen_radiation_belt.svg).

We were watching video of the space station yesterday. Pretty wild...the Earth was up on top and the station and shuttle were upside down.

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 10:50 AM
If we didn't go to the moon then how come....? Just watch the video and read the article.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
If we didn't go to the moon then how come....? Just watch the video and read the article.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

That's what I'm tawkin' 'bowt.

Brian Krashpad
August 16th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Totally. The radiation is too great past Earth's atmosphere to survive. The moon walks looked totally fake. Why haven't we gone back?..because we never went! And Stanley Kubrick is dead so we will never know for certain. And there is no Easter Bunny.

Someone needs a beer.

And some therapy!

:D

pie_man_25
August 16th, 2007, 11:22 AM
wow, when all this was happening, I wasn't born, and my parents haven't even met yet.

SuperSwede
August 16th, 2007, 11:24 AM
...And there is no Easter Bunny.

Theres no Easter Bunny??? :eek:

Please read this:

http://www.thehammer.ca/content/view.php?news=2005-03-25-easter-bunny-truth

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Actually several beers sounds good right about now but I'll have to wait until tonight's concert. :R

Swede you're a crack up. :p

The longer shadows cast by one of the astronauts growing smaller as he moves away from the "light source" is verrrrry interrrestink....but not funny. ;)

http://www.ufos-aliens.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Apolloshads.rm

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 02:13 PM

Please read this:

I knew it! I'll never eat those chocolate eggs again.

Tim
August 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Ok, I came in on this post late. I do believe man did go to the moon. I knew an Engineer from Grumman who was part of the team who built the module. I also believe that there is a cover up of what was actually seen out there in space, which still goes on today. I also believe in UFOs because I have witness them twice in my life time. They were not short visible sightings either. One lasted at least an hour. I find all news coverage of UFO sightings very interesting. I also pay close attention to who says what and when. Now I will stay this without going into too much detail, but when I was employed by Uncle Sam I saw things and seen what “cover up” at it’s best. Remember my background is aerospace technology and manufacturing. I say no more about that. Now if you want to talk about UFOs, then let’s start a new thread.

SuperSwede
August 17th, 2007, 01:41 AM
I knew it! I'll never eat those chocolate eggs again.

No kidding.. this poor chicken had to be slaughtered and I believe that it finally ended up in Roberts chicken salad. Bon Appetit.

http://www.thehammer.ca/content/2005/0325/rabbit_rape.jpg

pie_man_25
August 17th, 2007, 07:49 AM
/\ wow, I don't know who to feel sorry for, the chicken or Rob!

pie_man_25
August 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Please read this:

wow, I'll never think about easter the same way again, or warership down, I used to enjoy that book!

Tone2TheBone
August 21st, 2007, 10:36 AM

ww

The shuttle just landed. I watched the whole thing live from NASA TV. Took an hour to re enter the atmosphere in Australia and fly down the Pacific toward Costa Rica and then over Cuba then finally to Florida. Awesome I'm glad they made it home safely.

Mark
August 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
The shuttle just landed. I watched the whole thing live from NASA TV. Took an hour to re enter the atmosphere in Australia and fly down the Pacific toward Costa Rica and then over Cuba then finally to Florida. Awesome I'm glad they made it home safely.

They dont really go up!! Thats all staged and special effects I thought you knew that! Speilberg work for NASA so all the coverage you see are his special effects dept. The shadows and the smoke trails are so phoney looking.:D :eek: :D

Tone2TheBone
August 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM
They dont really go up!! Thats all staged and special effects I thought you knew that! Speilberg work for NASA so all the coverage you see are his special effects dept. The shadows and the smoke trails are so phoney looking.:D :eek: :D

One of these days I'd like to see one of those suckers take off. Warren...you're my contact out there hook me up yo.

warren0728
August 21st, 2007, 12:49 PM
One of these days I'd like to see one of those suckers take off. Warren...you're my contact out there hook me up yo.
it is pretty awesome....i have gone over to the coast to see a couple launches and depending on the route it takes to land i hear the twin sonic booms.

What i think is really cool is that when they used to launch at night (and to a much lesser degree during day launches) i watch from my front yard (keep in mind i am 50 to 60 miles away) and a few minutes after the launch you can "feel" the rumble....awesome

come on down tone....just remember they don't always go off when planned! Like i said, i've seen it twice....BUT....drove over three times....one time it scrubbed with like a minute to go : (

ww

Tone2TheBone
August 21st, 2007, 01:04 PM
it is pretty awesome....i have gone over to the coast to see a couple launches and depending on the route it takes to land i hear the twin sonic booms.

What i think is really cool is that when they used to launch at night (and to a much lesser degree during day launches) i watch from my front yard (keep in mind i am 50 to 60 miles away) and a few minutes after the launch you can "feel" the rumble....awesome

come on down tone....just remember they don't always go off when planned! Like i said, i've seen it twice....BUT....drove over three times....one time it scrubbed with like a minute to go : (

ww

While watching the event unfold live on NASA TV they did in fact provide the audio for the sonic booms it was wild. Scared the hell out of me I was all..."what the frik was that". Then I went..."oh sonic boom ok whew". This was the first time I actually tracked the entire reentry. It's amazing that it only took an hour to get all the way from Australia to FL. 17,000 MPH man! That's one crazy ride!

warren0728
August 21st, 2007, 01:15 PM
i would love to take a shuttle ride! :DR

ww

Mark
August 21st, 2007, 01:40 PM

ww

Im tellin ya its just a giant big screen your seeing with a massive sound system oh ya and killer smoke machines.....that Speilberg hes a true artist:D :R :D :eek: My Dad always said he was gonna send me to the moon:eek:

zeusse
August 21st, 2007, 07:09 PM
Im tellin ya its just a giant big screen your seeing with a massive sound system oh ya and killer smoke machines.....that Speilberg hes a true artist:D :R :D :eek: My Dad always said he was gonna send me to the moon:eek:.....LMAO...stop your making me want to burn my Neil Armstrong autograph...LOL