PDA

View Full Version : Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do VanHalen

zeusse
August 15th, 2007, 03:45 PM
We're adding this tune to our setlist for next weekend so this was my early attempt at it a few weeks ago. Have to polish this solo a bit more but its not bad. I think the tones pretty close but still tweaking as I go with this.

http://www.box.net/shared/7uol50sdsu <<Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do

ted s
August 15th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Kick'n some major ace there Zeusse ! Awsome work !

M29
August 15th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Your work always sounds so good and this is another, what a great feel and tone. Very good indeed!

M29

Tim
August 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Great work Zeusse. Sound like an original track without the vocals.

helliott
August 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Awsome. Ya gotta tell me how you got that EVH crunch so close without the 5150. Really good take on this.

SuperSwede
August 16th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Sweet! Good job Zeusse, that sounds Great!

zeusse
August 19th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Awsome. Ya gotta tell me how you got that EVH crunch so close without the 5150. Really good take on this.I use a Digitech GNX4 and have a whack load of patches that I mix and match to get all my VH tones this one was a combination of a Marshall Plexi head setting that I have mixed with a HiWatt head. All the gain settings at 50% and mids at 30% and treble at 40% very low Compression and on the chorus speed set to 0 and depth set to 70% with mix at 25%. Add a Grunge pedal for a stompbox and a spread delay at 550ms with Hall reverb at 20%. I don't know what your using for effects so its really trial and error to come up with these tones. I used my Eventide harmonizer to try and duplicat and I gave up but I did find some other cool tones in the process. I have a really cool early VH1 tone for doing Eruption and stuff of the first album but what you should keep in mind reagardless of whatever equipment you have is Ed runs everything hot on an amp and uses a voltage regulator to adjust final tone. When I play live I have the amp cranked and regulate with the GNX4 output knob and get pretty well the same tone you hear on this it seems to work quite well.