PDA

View Full Version : Steelmill Blues

Jimi75
August 16th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah friends I know, I am not the best blues singer on earth, but hey it comes from the heart at least :)

We had this huge steel mill here in town and when they closed it, over 30.000 poeple lost their job. The little village just died, shops closed, the business went down to zero and slowly people moved away so that we had quarters that looked like ghost towns. That is what this blues is all about and of course about my wonderful dad who worked 35 years in that steel mill and died shortly after they closed it.

I have chosen a classic blues, not the most inventive one, but anyway, I hope you like some of the stuff. Tried to give the licks some more room to breath and tell a little story.....

http://www.box.net/shared/p182i2rftd

Greetz
Jimi

aeolian
August 16th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Great song writing, playing and singing, specially the singing. I hope your little town makes a comeback.

SuperSwede
August 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, you sing really good! I also love the drums, in some parts I could almost imagine the sound of those big machines in the steel mill. *clap* *clap*

sunvalleylaw
August 16th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Jimi: That just rocks! Great blues piece! All the way around! (many claps!)

helliott
August 16th, 2007, 10:32 PM
That's a great piece of blues playing and singing. No comments on singing -- you sound excellent. Lots of great air around your lead playing, too. I keep wanting to learn from that -- less is really more.

Jimi75
August 17th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Thank you very much guys for the nice comments on that song. I was really very unsure but you gave me a new motivation!