PDA

View Full Version : Jet Guitars or Robert's ultimate next axe

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 06:21 PM
http://www.jetguitars.com/

This is the pinnacle of lutherie. Check out the shop tour and sounds.

Robert, you are going to need one of these so start saving.;)

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 06:34 PM
JET Guitars
I received my Caldera #225 yesterday, Volcano Bust flame. I must say that from reading all of the testimonials and hearing all the hype on your site and all over the web, I expected a nice guitar. However, as is usually the case when I get all "psyched up" from hype, I expected the guitar to meet my expectations, or fall short in some way. So, I prepared myself for disappointment. Unbelievably, the guitar actually exceeded my expectations and the hype. I have never known that to happen. As beautiful as it looked in the pictures, it looks even better in person. The pictures can't do full justice, nor can words or hype. When I opened the case I was indeed amazed at the vibrant reddish orange color and beautiful 3 dimensional flame. The attention to detail in every aspect, is immediately apparent. I spent the first 30 minutes just looking at it!!!

As you know, I had it shipped to my office. So, I didn't have an amp immediately available. However, I played it unplugged and was amazed again. The sustain and resonance are very apparent, even unplugged. I could feel the string vibrations right through the back of the guitar into my chest, almost as if I was playing an Acoustic. I think I was resonating!! JET, the first guitar company to couple the player to the guitar!!! I love the cutaway at the top of the back. It makes the guitar sink right into my chest and is incredibly comfortable. Cool design feature!!

Here's the most surprising thing. I read much of the hype on the reactions of other people to the guitars. I didn't think much of that. I like nice things, but I'm not the type of person that shows off. So, that part of the testimonials didn't strike me very much. Anyway, I was playing the guitar in my office unplugged, and a guitar playing colleague of mine walked by and said, "what is that?" He was enthralled with it. When he played it, he couldn't get over the way it felt. He's still talking about it!! He called me this morning to ask me more questions about it. He simply won't stop telling me how much he liked it and thought about it overnight. Why am I saying this? Because it confirms the testimonials in everyway, and it confirms that it's not just me getting excited about a new guitar. This is one time that I can say that "you can believe everything you read."

Lastly, I feel the need to comment on the tone. Tone is such a subjective thing, and there is really no way to effectively put into words. Much has already been said in your other testimonials and on the web. So, I won't use the typical descriptive tone adjectives to describe the tone. I would never do it justice anyway. However, the awesome tone of my Caldera can't go unrecognized. I've been playing guitar for 25 years, both acoustic and electric. I've owned many guitars, mostly high end, and I know what I like when it comes to tone. For the last 15 years I've been an exclusive PRS player. I own two custom 24's a McCarty Rosewood and a Modern Eagle. I love these guitars however, there is always something that I can't get one of them to do. So, I switch up for different sounds. I can honestly say that this Caldera does them all. There is no tone on the Caldera that I'm not able to achieve. So, I never find myself wanting to move to another guitar. I used to think that the Custom 24's were versatile. Boy was I wrong! JET has set a whole new bar when it comes to versatility and tone.

Thanks again Randy. You were great to deal with,

Joe Levea JET Caldera #225

Robert
August 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
So how much are the going for?

Spudman
August 16th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Cost varies, but just read these reviews. Oh, brace yourself they aren't cheap. About the price top of the line dual suspension mountain bike. (that's how I equate everything)

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/JET/Earlewood/10/1

Now I have a good reason to sell off a bunch of my guitars. ;)

Robert
August 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
If they were only the price of a couple of good running shoes... then I'd buy one!

Haha, I looked at the reviews - one guy lists the price as "US mucho"! haha! :D