PDA

View Full Version : Digitech GNX3000 - Initial Thoughts

t_ross33
August 17th, 2007, 02:49 PM
WOW! Freakin' WOW!

Just received it yesterday (thanks BJunior - you rawk! :DR). Right outta the box this thing is killer. Comparing this to my RP-80 pedal is kinda like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette. Patches are rich and full sounding, and I was able to start tweaking right away without even looking at the manual - very intuitive.

I haven't been a gear hound for that long, so I really have no idea if the modelled amp sounds are anything like the real deal, but my gut tells me they are pretty damn close. One amp I have had the pleasure of test driving is a Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI, and this thing nails it! I've been chasing this chickin pickin tone for some time and I think I'm in luv... Tele + 65 DR + VoodooLab Sparkle Drive = :cool: = USER PRESET #1!

I'm running the 1/4 Mono Out to the Power Amp In on my Peavey Bandit (thus bypassing the Bandit's preamp entirely). Can't wait to run XLR stereo out to the PA!

Giggin' on Sept. 1. I'll let you know how it goes.

Trev

t_ross33
September 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Gigged with the GNX3K on Saturday and am VERY happy with the results. I ran 1/4 (Mono) OUT > Peavey Bandit Power Amp IN and XLR (Stereo :cool:) OUT with cab/spkr emulation ON > board. Individual level controls on the GNX let me adjust my stage volume/monitoring without affecting the signal to the board. A huge relief for our drummer/soundman.

It also proved to be very well balanced, volume-wise, when switching guitars so he didn't have as much knob twisting to do (on the fly and while drumming with one hand). The p'ups in my Washburn are quite a bit hotter than those in my Squier.

It sounded great on stage, and out front. Still have some tweaking to do on some patches, but it's proving to be a powerful tool and I'll give it props in the "Sounds Good" dept. too!

To quote the new McDonalds ads: doo doo doo dit doo I LUVIN IT! :R