PDA

View Full Version : Spector guitars

SuperSwede
August 18th, 2007, 06:21 AM
I´m looking for opinions on the Spector ARC6 Pro series guitars. I saw them in a catalog a few days ago, but I havent found any reviews on the web. They seem to be in stock at some dealers, so I thought that someone here might have tried one?

http://www.spectorguitars.com/images/guitarimages/arc6proPR_lrg.jpg

marnold
August 18th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I've always liked the NS body shape in basses, but that really doesn't answer your question. I believe that Spector only started making guitars within the past couple of years.

Big K
August 18th, 2007, 08:53 AM
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/Spector-ARC6.html

SuperSwede
August 18th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks Big_K... I was kinda looking for a user review, but strangely enough no one seems to have this guitar yet (it was introduced 2006!)

Big K
August 18th, 2007, 10:29 AM
agreed, I didn't see anything out there either.... it is sweet looking with the quilted maple top, if it plays anything like it looks!

SuperSwede
August 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah it looks gorgeous! I´m gasing for the tremolo version. I wonder what those Tesla pickups are like. The Spector website only says vintage style.

Katastrophe
August 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM
One of my Guitar Player issues evaluated the Spector, and I think they gave it a decent review.

One of the few "different" designs that stray from the familiar Strat/Tele/LP shapes that I like. Very classy looking, IMO. I'd like to play one, too!

SuperSwede
August 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
One of my Guitar Player issues evaluated the Spector, and I think they gave it a decent review.

One of the few "different" designs that stray from the familiar Strat/Tele/LP shapes that I like. Very classy looking, IMO. I'd like to play one, too!

Do you still have that issue of Guitar Player? Do you think that you could scan the review?

Katastrophe
August 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Okay... Have it here. Not really a detailed report enough to do a full scan. The article is a roundup of guitars under $500.00 USD in the May, 2007 issue.

All of the editors liked the tones coming from the Spector, and all said that the guitar plays well. One editor stated that the control layout was "claustrophobic," and that was the only negative comment about the guitar. It came within a half a point of getting a "best pick" award.

SuperSwede
August 21st, 2007, 02:07 AM
Thanks Kat!

Katastrophe
August 21st, 2007, 04:40 PM
No problem at all... I'm just glad I found the issue. Sometimes Mrs. Kat makes me actually throw them away.:eek: