PDA

View Full Version : This is gonna change the world for the better!

LagrangeCalvert
August 20th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Its called the MYT engine. Anyone in engineering fields check it out, car buffs and sci-fi geeks (Im all of the above:D ) check this thing out.

MYT stands for Massive Yet Tiny engine. It will make shipping costs go down, oil companies will loose their grasp on us and save the environment. My father in law is a combustion engine mechanic (for 35 years....20 of them were spent on building and tuning dirt track race cars like sprints...so he's got cred in my opinion) believes this is the greatest thing known to man for the sake of travel/safety green impact as well as economic badassery!

The first is a video explaining the engine....the second is the inventor talking about it at a engineering convention. I am waiting on bated breath for this to come out and I really want to take up stock in the blossoming company. I digress watch and enjoy.....and please give me thoughts and ignore idiocies of ignorant people on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MBYg1NPzMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGlUZg2pC0Q&mode=related&search=

awesome stuff people.

Bloozcat
August 20th, 2007, 07:15 AM
That's an incredible engine!

If this makes it to the market, it will totally revolutionize transportation. Not only that, I could easily see one of these in my yard, turning a generator that provides electricity to my home.

pie_man_25
August 20th, 2007, 08:11 AM
question: do you have any links that DON'T have videos? I have dial-up and I would really like to see.

Justaguyin_nc
August 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Just wonder how many designs have been out in the last 20-30 some years and are shelfed for old tech... Seen someplace that india is mass producing an air engine car already...

Tone2TheBone
August 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I wish all the greedy people/corporations who would stop projects like this from reaching fruition would just disappear off the Earth. :)

WackyT
August 20th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Wonder if Mythbusters is going to hit this one?

Spudman
August 20th, 2007, 08:16 PM
This looks like a tire eater and a transmission stripper.:D

Lets get that baby into a motorcycle. Yee haw!

LagrangeCalvert
August 20th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Wonder if Mythbusters is going to hit this one?

Um....The inventor of this is probably more likely to bust the Mythbusters.

Ive done a little more research on this....and from what I can gather Angel Labs LLC are moving out of the US because of Oil companies pressure & trying to buy up stock in them AND push this design on the dusty shelves with countless other patents that the they and the Govt. own and will not permit people to use.

Spudman
August 20th, 2007, 10:01 PM

Ive done a little more research on this....and from what I can gather Angel Labs LLC are moving out of the US because of Oil companies pressure & trying to buy up stock in them AND push this design on the dusty shelves with countless other patents that the they and the Govt. own and will not permit people to use.

Fascinating. (raising one eyebrow like Mr. Spock) Do you have any sources so we can get updated?

WackyT
August 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM

Still won't believe it until one is actually made, dyno'd, and long term tested in a vehicle. Too many hoaxers and scammers in the world to believe someone at their word on something like this. If something is too good to be true, most likely it is.

LagrangeCalvert
August 21st, 2007, 01:51 AM
I wasn't trying to be rude when I said what I did. As far as this goes, I don't want to get into a pissing match over it. I (and you also) are grown men and as far as I can tell with strong views - and thats a very beautiful thing - and I don't want to dishonor this forum with bickering over minute details.

I digress: this engine has NOT been on a dyno but has used Bio-Desiel if only briefly.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Massive_Yet_Tiny_(MYT)_Engine

On the reverse side of things - even though I am all for this I too am a skeptic also because of the same reason wacky T is.....too many people ripping too many more people off!

Then a bit on the verification of the contest and application of other inventions also. a home page for all my fretter homies!

http://www.createthefuturecontest.com/?startat=292

And why Morgado (the inventor of the MYT) engine built it....from an interview in americanantigravity.com

"The inspiration for the MYT Engine design came from the need to have an engine that can stand up to the tremendous abuse of drag racing. After literally blowing up more than my share of engines during racing, I swore to myself that I'd build something that met the required needs while providing higher-durability & reduced complexity in the process. Also, because this design was originally intended for the output demands of the drag-strip, I wanted a design that would give me the largest displacement, highest torque, and lightest weight available. The Massive Yet Tiny engine meets those needs, with 850 cubic inches of displacement, 32-pulses per cycle, and a 150 pound package measuring only 14" by 14" in diameter."

"By replacing an 800 pound V-8 engine with a 25 pound MYT and running it on biodiesel, we can achieve 150 miles per gallon in an otherwise conventional vehicle -- plus, you're going to have better take-off and stopping power by removing that 800 pound engine. That's what we can do. It is achievable." - Raphial Morgado

As far as the Validity of Angel labs moving, I saw that on an article in IIRC a physics forum that now I cannot find. So Im stumped there (ya caught the tater!) on finding that thread again as I usually bookmark stuff like that.

Here is the FULL interview from AAG (americanantigravity) which is a credible scientific mag like popular science but its only web published IIRC

http://www.americanantigravity.com/documents/MYT-Engine-Interview.pdf

In this next link is a bunch of Diesel truck and auto junkies....and the member
"rammtuff" states my worst fears in the third comment below.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/archive/index.php/t-88610.html

This is another engine that is supposed to be along the same lines as the MYT engine....called the Axial Vector Engine. Make your own decisions.

http://www.axialvectorengine.com/#

I deff. believe we are nowhere near the pinnacle of what a combustion engine could do and the MYT along with a few other engines prototyped right now shows us that.

Make your own conclusions but for the sake of humanity I for one pray this works.

LagrangeCalvert
August 21st, 2007, 01:55 AM
The only other thing scaring me is that I haven't seen an up to date article on it........ makes me mad and sad all at the same time. I want this (or any other design) to work out for all of our sakes...as well as the planets and the economy too! Oh well....one day....I pray at least.....one day.