PDA

View Full Version : Almost Famous

The G-string
February 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Anybody see the movie?

Just did and loved it. Almost brought me to tears remembering just how great it was to experience the 70's music when it was new. Okay, I admit it, I really did choke on "Feel Flows." I used to lay on my bed with my big honkin' headphones on listening to Surf's Up from beginning to end. *sighs about the good ol' days* Carl was my fav.

Will anyone new stand the test of time that some from the 60's and 70's bands have?

warren0728
February 11th, 2006, 09:49 AM
haven't seen it...but i think i will check it out!

thanks for the heads up...it sounds like a good flick

ww

Nelskie
February 11th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I own the DVD. Yes indeed, it brings back a lot of fond memories. Anyone who grew up during that era who is a music lover will enjoy it immensely.
I liked the part in the movie where they were all on the bus, and singing Elton John's "Tiny Dancer". Classic! The band featured in the movie kind of reminds me of a Bad Co. type outfit, which was one of my fave bands from the 70's era.

warren0728
February 11th, 2006, 11:18 AM
cool....my wife is out shopping and i told her to pick up the dvd if she sees it....if not, my son and i are going out later together and i can stop at some more obscure video shops to see if they have it.

he has decided he doesn't like his microcube as much as my vox because it doesn't have auto-wah (9 years old and already a gearhead!)...so we are going to look for a cheapy autowah pedal for his microcube...probably a danelectro french fry

ww

SuperSwede
February 11th, 2006, 11:37 AM
It must be daddys little boy ;)

warren0728
February 11th, 2006, 11:40 AM
you think? :eek:

ww

Matt
February 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I saw this movie a month ago, and it made me wish I grew up in the 60s and 70s. Oh the pains of being young :P

regards

Matt

tremoloman
February 13th, 2006, 09:58 AM
There are artists from the 80s that stand the test of time for sure. Finding some from the 90s will be much more of a challenge. The 80s has just as good diversity and music as the previous decades did - it was just different with the MTV influence and how videos changed the music industry.

I feel MTV was good for music in the beginning, but it has since done done a 180 and has ruined mainstream music IMHO. Everything is so pre-packaged these days, targeting only teeny boppers or gangsta-wanna-be kids.