PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Rose DST-3 For Me!

marnold
August 20th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Well, I finally reached a verdict. The money from selling my Charvel Model 7 is going towards the purchase of a red Floyd Rose DST-3 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Floyd-Rose-Discovery-Series-DST3-Electric-Guitar?sku=511822). A local guitar shoppe had a used DST-2 (with two humbuckers instead of the DST-3's HSS config) so I got to play it a bit. I liked the neck, the body, and the bridge 'bucker. The Speedloader Floyd took what I could throw at it and came right back in tune. I'm pretty giddy. A full review will follow upon its arrival.

250Keith
August 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I just got an email from musician.com thay got them on sale for 229 I think. Are you getting yours from MF?

marnold
August 20th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I just got an email from musician.com thay got them on sale for 229 I think. Are you getting yours from MF?
Yep. They seem to have the same prices as MF. The Speedloader ones are $149, the ones with the Original Floyd are $299.

sunvalleylaw
August 20th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Congrats Marnold! We expect full reports of course. I am getting set to brew up a homebrew this fall. Kind of a Scottish Ale 'roided up a little. I am thinking of calling it New Git-box Ale or something like that, cause hopefully it will make you feel the way you do when you get a new guitar. Again, congrats!

duhvoodooman
August 21st, 2007, 05:03 AM
Cool! I've been wondering about those--they look like an amazing deal for $149. Look forward to reading your impressions after you've played it awhile.....

Katastrophe
August 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM
Please, full report! It looks to me like the speedloader design takes away all the issues I dislike about Floyds.

marnold
August 22nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Well, according to MF it's shipped, but UPS is just saying that the package info was transmitted. If it still says that in the morning, I'll give MF a call.

Spudman
August 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
You know that Music 123 would have matched the price. That way you could just call it a Christmas present when it arrives.:D

marnold
August 23rd, 2007, 08:03 AM
You know that Music 123 would have matched the price. That way you could just call it a Christmas present when it arrives.:D
Heh. Well, upon checking the tracking info this morning, I find that it was in fact shipped out last night at 5:42 (Central time, I assume). It is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Yes, I'm giddy.

I also emailed the folks at Floyd Rose, asking if it comes with .009s like most new guitars these days. They said yes and will be sending me the Speedloader adjustment pamphlet. From other reviews I've read that pamphlet is not included for some reason. It's also on their site as a PDF. Right now I'm debating if I'm going to put on a set of 010-046 or 010-052 and tune to standard or put on a set of 011-052 and tune to Eb. I'm leaning toward 010-046 just because a local store has a bunch of sets in stock.

250Keith
August 23rd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Buy all the strings you can afford now before the prices go up, cant wait for your reveiw and sound clip:D
Keith.