PDA

View Full Version : BB KING in orlando!!

warren0728
February 11th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I just got my tickets via ticketmaster to see bb king at the hob in orlando.

he's playing Friday April 28th. If any of you fretters are looking for an excuse to come to florida this is it!!

Better get your tickets quick because it will sell out.

here's a direct link.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D003C44A8C9AAAE

my son and i are going and man is he excited (we saw buddy guy there a couple of months ago)

ww

r_a_smith3530
February 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I last saw BB King over twenty years ago. I remember the event well. He played at the Mill Run Theater (in Niles, IL, a Chicago suburb), and that night, there was a record snowfall in the Chicago area. All through the day, we kept calling the Mill Run to verify that he was going to actually show. On our last call, I aksed if it was OK that we come dressed in jeans and boots. The person that I spoke with said that if we could make it, we could wear about anything we desired. Well, we did make it (in my tow truck), and the concert was wonderful.

After the concert, I spent the rest of the night pulling cars out of drifts with my wrecker. After the cost of my tickets, I was over a thousand dollars better off!

Yes, it was a night to remember! Enjoy!

SuperSwede
February 12th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Haha.. Rob, perhaps you even made more dough than BB that night ;)

warren0728
February 12th, 2006, 06:49 AM
yeah i saw bb king quite a few years ago when he was on the budweiser (i think) tour where he brought up and coming acts with him along with some current blues musicians. The deal was he would play 20 minutes or so and let the others handle most of the show. The show was in the parking lot of the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando and it was a cold rainy day (perfect for the blues)

The performers were supposed to include Johnny Lang (he was still playing blues then), Susan Tedeschi, Dr. John and a couple of others i don't remember.

ANYWAY....Both Johnny Lang and Susan Tedeschi were a no show (illness or something). So bb came on and told us that we were still going to get our moneys worth. So he and dr. john played for well over an hour! They had a local act or two to fill the missing artist positions and he gave them some stage time....but the king played almost the entire show....

ww

Iago
February 13th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Man I gotta see this... yes I`m still in Florida :D

warren0728
February 13th, 2006, 10:48 AM
follow the link...get your ticket...might be your last chance to see him...he is 90 years old! And at the House of Blues there is no reserved seating and it is mostly standing room only. There is a big floor in front tof the stage and you can work your way through the crowd and get 10-15 feet from the king himself!

ww