PDA

View Full Version : I need serious help. Schecter c1 plus

grungeiceman
August 22nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
I might be buying a schecter C1 plus, has anyone played that model? People have said teh pickups are terrible but i dont know there are also alof of good reveiws, well im back and forth on this one constantly. I am buying it used off line, and getting it for 250. Should I save up for a diffrent guitar? My styles i play are Classic rock, grunge,blues,hard rock, and metal. Im at a crossroads on if i should save or buy, anyone have any suggestions?

SuperSwede
August 22nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
Grungeiceman, that is a guitar that has a US retail price of 819 usd (probably much cheaper at stores such as GC). The HB-102 is the duncan design version of the Jazz + JB set and they sound very close to the real deal. I havent played the plus model but Schecter guitars are very well built, and this guitar could probably turn out to be a friend for life!

I love my C1-Elite! So I can highly recommend a C-series guitar to anyone looking for a quality axe.

weeladdie
August 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
I might be buying a schecter C1 plus, has anyone played that model? People have said teh pickups are terrible but i dont know there are also alof of good reveiws, well im back and forth on this one constantly. I am buying it used off line, and getting it for 250. Should I save up for a diffrent guitar? My styles i play are Classic rock, grunge,blues,hard rock, and metal. Im at a crossroads on if i should save or buy, anyone have any suggestions?

I have the C-1+ and really like it. Great neck, sounds good, and has the flexibility of the coil split tone pots. I don't think you would regret the purchase.

Alex

Sblack
August 24th, 2007, 05:11 AM
I owned a C1+ and liked it, but there were some problems for me. It is a 24 3/4 scale (Gibson scale) with 24 frets. This forces frets 20-24 to be closer together than on a 25.5 scale guitar. I found that these frets were almost unplayable or took too much effort to play and detracted from my speed and accuracy playing in that register. Also, I noticed the same problem mentioned about the pickups - they were thin, weak, and needed immediate replacement, and I am not a pickup snob by any means. Mine cost $349.00 used at GC, and it was in new condition. I returned it and bought a PRS Custom SE and haven't looked back since.