PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the Beatles

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2007, 11:00 AM
Why would John get so mad at Peter Fonda for saying he knew what it was like to be dead? Anyone know? You'd think John would be all ears.

duhvoodooman
August 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
How ironic. Now John really knows what it's like to be dead, and nobody can ask him!

Just curious, Tone--where did this one come from?? :confused:

Tim
August 22nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Personally, I think Peter died years ago.

Yes Tone, where did this question come from??

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2007, 02:34 PM
Well I mentioned in the "what artists are you currently listening to" thread that I'd been listening to the Beatles this week and one of the songs off of the "Revolver" Album is a song called "She Said She Said". The story behind that song is that Peter Fonda had met the Beatles at one time somewhere and he told them that he "knew what it was like to be dead" because when he was 10 years old he had accidentely shot himself to "death". He apparently lived. But after hearing this revelation John apparently got very agitated and actually got pissed at him for saying that. (this information is widely known)

Now I think I kinda know the type of guy John was and that's why I can't understand why he would have gotten so upset over Peter saying that. I would have thought John might have said..."REALLY? DO TELL" and gotten out some revealing information out of it or something. I dunno. Anyway that's why I asked. I thought maybe someone here might have some good guesses as to why he reacted that way.

aeolian
August 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
I've read the story of how John get the line "I know what it's like to be dead" from Peter Fonda, but haven't heard that he got agitated though.

Speaking of the Beatles, have you seen this from the 40th anniversary BBC show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/60sseason/documentaries/sgtpeppers_video.shtml

sunvalleylaw
August 22nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
Personally, I think Peter died years ago.

Yes Tone, where did this question come from??

Not quite dead yet! (python reference) . . . at least according to wiki. This according to some Time online Q@A
bestboy69_2000 asks: How can we actually know you are the real Peter Fonda?

Peter Fonda: I said to George Harrison, "I know what it's like to be dead And John Lennon said to me, who put all that sh** in your head You know you're makiing me feel like I've never been born. I said when I was a boy, I shot myself. It was an accident, and I died on the operating table and I suffered from a massive loss of blood, and I my heart stopped. So I died three times on the operating table And hence was written the song: She Said, She Said.

bluesman353 asks: Mr. Fonda, you partied with the Beatles. Did you like them?

Peter Fonda: Yes.

steve99_ie asks: Were you devestated when John Lennon was shot?? How close were the two of you??

Peter Fonda: We were not close at all. Lennon was not very fond of me. Lennon didn't like to be around somebody else who was likely to be the center of attention. And Lennon didn't like being on deck with somebody who was intellectually as hot as he was. But the rest of the lot remained friends of mine. And I truly miss the genius of the music of John Lennon, as I'm sure everybody does.

http://www.time.com/time/community/transcripts/2000/042100fonda.html

Mr. Fonda's opinion of John. Not mine.

Tone2TheBone
August 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
So Pete bruised John's ego. That's explains it.

BTW Sun did you ever install that pickup I sold you?

sunvalleylaw
August 23rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
So Pete bruised John's ego. That's explains it.

BTW Sun did you ever install that pickup I sold you?

Yeah, appears to be a case of clashing egos. No, I have not installed yet. I was waiting to get another pup to go in the neck and have not had time/guitar $$ available to deal with it yet. I just look at it once in a while now, nicely packaged in its case. It is right here on the shelf by my knees under this keyboard. :p

player
April 1st, 2008, 08:57 AM
How strange you mention that Tone.caught a Bio on him that said when John Lennon Wrote She Said She Said about a bad acid trip he had Fonda told him over and over I know what its like to be dead, man

Tone2TheBone
April 1st, 2008, 09:18 AM
How strange you mention that Tone.caught a Bio on him that said when John Lennon Wrote She Said She Said about a bad acid trip he had Fonda told him over and over I know what it like to be dead, man

I really like the tune it's one of our favorites at home. I like Yellow Matter Custard's version too (thanks Spud). Yeah you're right John didn't want to have a bad trip from the acid they dropped and George was already freaking out. I guess something like that would be trippy if you had just done some acid. I guess John was human afterall. ;)

Spudman
April 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
I like Yellow Matter Custard's version too (thanks Spud).
You are most welcome.:)

I guess John was human after all. ;)

Unfortunately he was. :cry: If bullets would have bounced off of him like they should have the world might be a different place these days.

player
April 2nd, 2008, 12:24 AM
I really like the tune it's one of our favorites at home. I like Yellow Matter Custard's version too (thanks Spud). Yeah you're right John didn't want to have a bad trip from the acid they dropped and George was already freaking out. I guess something like that would be trippy if you had just done some acid. I guess John was human afterall. ;)
All I have to say is one word (okay two)- Woodstock 69 before acid was Street acid.
A once in a lifetime experience called sugar cube not even mentioning those four days,yes four.a lot stuck around untill Monday.after being rained on for 36 hours what's another 24 :D