PDA

View Full Version : My buddy just opened a music store

Robert
August 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
My friend finally quit his meat manager and made his dream come true - to run a music store. It's a franchise called Music Centre Canada, right here in little Camrose.

I am helping him out a bit with teaching a few students per week. The best part of this for myself is I get a huge discount on buying gear! :D :D :D

GAS will come easier than ever now, I tell ya... hehe :rolleyes:

I saw some nice PRS LE and Hagstrom guitars in there that I'm gonna check out. He's also got some G&L Tributes, Parker Fly's, Ibanez, and some Crate, Marshall and Roland amps.

Lev
August 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
that sounds cool - I'm sure you could borrow one or two guitars and demo them on youtube for us ;)

duhvoodooman
August 23rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Deep discounts for deserving Fretters, too?? :confused: ;)

sunvalleylaw
August 23rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
He might need to figure out his shipping to us US Fretters and figure out a Fret deal! Instant internet commerce! Also, there are quite a few Canadian fretters to keep him going. Oh, I forgot, our US dollar isn't worth so much up there right now is it?

Tone2TheBone
August 23rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hook us up man come on!

250Keith
August 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Those Hagstrom guitars are real nice I was looking at them last week, check them out you will like them.

Robert
August 23rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the US dollar isn't doing too well here...

Brian Krashpad
August 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Have fun Robert, best of luck to you both.

pie_man_25
August 23rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
sweet, do they have any good cheap basses?

also: I plan on building basses and selling them to earn a few bucks after high school, do you think you could convince him to be a dealer?

Spudman
August 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Uh oh! Your friend will be in trouble soon. He's going from getting his frustrations out by chopping stuff up to...what? What outlet will he now have. Get all the guitars that you can before he explodes. I'd personally rather eat boogers than run a music store. It's gotta be really hard. I worked in one for a while and never will again.

Wish him luck and get him to start running with you. That might help with the pressure.

Tim
August 23rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sweet Robert. Keep us posted if he ever does mail orders.