PDA

View Full Version : You and Me

333maxwell
August 23rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
If anyone has the time, I just finished writing and recording this lil pop song. I would appreciate any feedback..

Thanks

You and Me
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5696650&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5696650&q=hi

Tim
August 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Personally I think you would do the song justice if you increase the tempo just a little bit. Other than that ... not bad.

Justaguyin_nc
August 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
Another one for the headphones... like listening to the parts that way...pulling in from different sides.. mean distortion on those licks... I think ya got a great rough voice.. and pretty darn good lyricist imho... keep them comming man..they are good tunes to listen to... thanks for sharing!

333maxwell
August 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Personally I think you would do the song justice if you increase the tempo just a little bit. Other than that ... not bad.

Sure sounds like a lot of work though.. I could increase the drums, but for everything else like Bass and Keys vocals and single hits, I would have to
re-record.

ACK...

Thanks for your time and ear!!

333maxwell
August 24th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Another one for the headphones... like listening to the parts that way...pulling in from different sides.. mean distortion on those licks... I think ya got a great rough voice.. and pretty darn good lyricist imho... keep them comming man..they are good tunes to listen to... thanks for sharing!

Thanks.. you've always been very suportive!

helliott
August 24th, 2007, 09:29 PM
My take:
I like the vocal and tempo. A bit Dylanesque and a fair bit like Lou Reed. Your delivery is nice that way, kinda conversational and rap like. That's a good thing.
Guitar-wise, if it was me, I'd back off on the gain and effects on the lead instruments and focus on the groove you're creating with the rhythm and vocal. It's got a nice sort of loose and cool feel, and I think a less overdriven sort of lead part would be good.

zeusse
August 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
It has a great vibe dude and the composition is good more of a mixing issue than anything else but hey I never took sound engineering 101 either, my recordings have issues too so just tinker and have a glass of wine works for me:D

SuperSwede
August 25th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I like the song, the melody line is very good. I dont like that raw guitar though... turn down the DS and it will be much better sounding. Keep it up!

333maxwell
August 25th, 2007, 11:20 AM
My take:
I like the vocal and tempo. A bit Dylanesque and a fair bit like Lou Reed. Your delivery is nice that way, kinda conversational and rap like. That's a good thing.
Guitar-wise, if it was me, I'd back off on the gain and effects on the lead instruments and focus on the groove you're creating with the rhythm and vocal. It's got a nice sort of loose and cool feel, and I think a less overdriven sort of lead part would be good.

Good advice to take heed of!

Thanks man!

333maxwell
August 25th, 2007, 11:21 AM
It has a great vibe dude and the composition is good more of a mixing issue than anything else but hey I never took sound engineering 101 either, my recordings have issues too so just tinker and have a glass of wine works for me:D

My only problem, is I have enough wine to where it starts sounding good.. then the next day I listen and think 'would one more, or one less wine of helped'.. *G*

Thanks for your time!

333maxwell
August 25th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I like the song, the melody line is very good. I dont like that raw guitar though... turn down the DS and it will be much better sounding. Keep it up!

Thanks my friend.. I will take your advice to heed pending the re-mix.

Appreciate your time!

SuperSwede
August 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM
My only problem, is I have enough wine to where it starts sounding good.. then the next day I listen and think 'would one more, or one less wine of helped'.. *G*

Thanks for your time!

FYI, the correct answer: One More.

333maxwell
August 25th, 2007, 01:24 PM
FYI, the correct answer: One More.

I kind of come from that same school! *G*