PDA

View Full Version : Pachelbel Rant

Justaguyin_nc
August 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Ok, this is actually Robert's fault or find.. I was looking through links on youtube..noticed this under Roberts...

Not only is it funny good.. I never knew the song..nor this was the canon rock later.. thanks Robert... now I can't quit playing it either!!!!!!!

ofcourse not as good..but..anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

Robert
August 23rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hehe, been peeking on my youtube profile, have ya? ;)

Over 3 million views!

Tone2TheBone
August 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
LOL I noticed the Pachelbel lick in the Green Day song and Blues Traveler's song a long time ago as well. Made me laugh. Good rant. Good skit. Loved the ending.

Edited: For a minute there you scared me Rob. Over 3 million views huh? Then I saw it was for the Pachelbel dude. *whew* :p

sunvalleylaw
August 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I always liked it in the Blues Traveller piece, I didn't pick up that Pachabel was in that Greenday tune, though I screamed those lyrics at several parties back then. Cracks me up! That was great, I am going to favorite it.

sunvalleylaw
August 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
This kid has been noted here before. Here is his take on it, on his Steve Vai guitar no less:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owAj5LiXG5w&mode=related&search=

Bloozcat
August 24th, 2007, 07:04 AM
That is too funny!

And that kid, Steve! It was a pleasure to watch one so young, with so much talent.

"What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun."

marnold
August 24th, 2007, 08:02 AM
The rant reminded me of something. Back in my days as a bass player, I was impressed with guitarists who knew so many songs. Granted, almost all of them were pure rhythm with little or no leads. Playing bass required memorizing a ton of licks and spitting them back out in the right order--sort of like a very slow, very rhythmic solo throughout the song. Once I took guitar back up again I realized that so many songs are the same about seven chords played in different orders with different rhythms. Suddenly, knowing all of those songs wasn't as impressive anymore.

Having said that, I became very good at dumbing-down complicated bass lines so that they still sounded good but I could keep it in the range of my more meager skills.

Tim
August 24th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Dang, why can't I do that? He makes it look so easy. Is that the same kid from 2 years ago? The older one is still there.

sunvalleylaw
August 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Dang, why can't I do that? He makes it look so easy. Is that the same kid from 2 years ago? The older one is still there.

I was not registered two years ago, but I know I have seen links to his stuff posted on threads here. Pretty impressive!