PDA

View Full Version : Any locksmiths in the house ?

ted s
August 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
If so, I have some job oriented questions I would like to ask.

thanks

Ted

t_ross33
August 25th, 2007, 12:43 PM
hmmmm... plannin' a job, see. Need a lock-man, see. Your name ain't Bugsy, is it? I promise not to rat you out to the coppers ;):D

Tim
August 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Maybe he is planing to perform some lock bumping procedures. That be learned on the internet for free. My next home will have the new and improved lock bumping proof locks.

ted s
August 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
:D
No, nothing like that, totally legit questions training requirement related. I'm thinking about widening marketable skills, maybe a small side business for the future.

Nobody ?

Spudman
August 26th, 2007, 10:15 AM
:D
No, nothing like that, totally legit questions training requirement related. I'm thinking about widening marketable skills, maybe a small side business for the future.

Nobody ?
I have some knowledge, but we'll have to do it off-forum if you want info.

It's a good paying skill and always in demand. Corporate accounts pay the best and generally can be easy but the fine print can make it a pain.

You'll always get lockout calls so you have to be willing and ready to travel at a moments notice. However, those you can charge big bucks for because it's usually an emergency or at least perceived as one by the customer.

Mostly it's worth your time and the training isn't too hard.