PDA

View Full Version : We've probably all seen this...

duhvoodooman
August 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
...50 times, but it makes me smile every single time. And in addition to the great tune & historic occasion, it contains some of the greatest guitar faces of all time!! :DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnamP4-M9ko

M29
August 24th, 2007, 08:05 PM
This song absolutely rocks!!!!!!!! What memories, it don't seem that long ago.

Thanks duhvoodooman Turn it up Turn it up:R

M29

zeusse
August 24th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I heard that farm in Woodstock NY is for sale for about 12million or so....cmon dig deep somebody around here must have it...LOL

Tone2TheBone
August 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM
This is Carlo's anthem I love this song. Classic.

SuperSwede
August 25th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Best Santana song ever... Classic!

Jimi75
August 25th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Great stuff! The remastered Woodstock stuff in unbelievable.
I do not really dig the late 90's to Y2K Santana, but the old stuff is still an ear candy.

Big_Rob
August 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Heh, He later went on to say he was totally blitzed on mescline at that show...

Of course, If I were a hippy at Woodstock back in the day,,,,,,,,,,I would have prolly been too :D

Pickngrin
August 25th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks...hadn't seen that in ages... amazing performance

Spudman
August 26th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I had never seen this. Thanks.
Michael Shrieve looks like he is still in high school. Cool to see Gregg Rollie to before the wear and tear of Journey.
This must be before that smoking hot 15 year old guitarist joined the band?

duhvoodooman
August 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Michael Shrieve looks like he is still in high school. Cool to see Gregg Rollie to before the wear and tear of Journey.
This must be before that smoking hot 15 year old guitarist joined the band?
Shrieve was 20 at the time, and reputedly the youngest musician to perform at Woodstock. One of the few drum solos I actually enjoy listening to repeatedly, probably because of his obvious joy in playing and the reaction of the crowd to him and the rest of the band.

Yes, this is before the 15 year-old Neal Schon joined the band, which occurred between their second (Abraxas) and third (Santana III) albums.

R_of_G
August 27th, 2007, 06:51 AM
ok that one woke me up perfectly this morning! thanks! hadn't seen that in a few months, but once it starts it has to be watched to the end. makes me want to dig out the album shrieve did with bill frisell and wayne horvitz for a listen later, not to mention the carlos/mclaughlin stuff. thanks for the carlos wake up call!

duhvoodooman
August 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
As I was watching this (yet again!) I noticed something I'd never seen before. Check it out and tell me if you agree--in a couple of the close-up shots of Carlos playing, it appears that his SG contains black P90's, not humbuckers. It's kind of hard to see, but I'm pretty sure I could make out the black color and just a single row of magnets. I guess that would explain that very raw, biting tone he gets....

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2007, 09:12 AM
You're right Voo his early git had P90s. I prefer THAT sound over the later years when he switched. And I prefer the years prior to the PRSs.