PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from a running race I won

Robert
August 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Here are some pictures from a 10 kilometer trail run I won last weekend.

http://rmh-mountaineer.awna.com/trailrun-07/

Our little 3-year old finished the 3 km in 33 minutes. Not bad! Our 13-year old finished 2nd in her category.

http://rmh-mountaineer.awna.com/trailrun-07/images/DSCF0748.jpg

http://rmh-mountaineer.awna.com/trailrun-07/images/Fastest%20Man_DSCF0782_cmyk.jpg

WackyT
August 26th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Congrats Rob! Bet that was just a mild warm-up to you, wasn't it?

Spudman
August 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Congrats! Be careful because that winning thing gets addictive and you'll give up your guitar playing time to get it again. If you don't have to give that time up then by all means keep on winning.:)

pie_man_25
August 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
congrats man, 10K, that's a bit too far for me, but I did do 3K in my gym physical in 24.5 mins last year which I was pretty proud of.

LagrangeCalvert
August 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM
cross country running is fun. I used to be able to run (in high school that is) the 5k (3.1mi. for all us yanks) in about 16:45....and my record was 16:22 at the Harrison high school meet....the next meet I got kicked in the kneecap and that was a career ending injury for me.....it messed up my knee pretty good.

sunvalleylaw
August 26th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Congrats Robert! And to your three year old. She reminds me of my own little 4 year old blondie running like that!

Tim
August 27th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Nice work Robert. Looks like everyone had fun. Now my question is, did the men chase the women or was it the other way around? If I was racing I would have the women chase the men. That way I new I had a change of being caught. LOL!

Katastrophe
August 27th, 2007, 06:55 AM
I get winded driving 10 K in my car. Congrats, Robert!

Robert
August 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks guys! A 10 k race is hard even though it's not very long for me, because I try to run as fast as I can for the distance.

16:22 for the 5 k is pretty impressive! Bet you have a great running talent that could have been taken a lot further.

Tim, there was not too much chasing women going on; it was a family event. :)

LagrangeCalvert
August 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys! A 10 k race is hard even though it's not very long for me, because I try to run as fast as I can for the distance.

16:22 for the 5 k is pretty impressive! Bet you have a great running talent that could have been taken a lot further.

Im fat AND lazy now...the deadly combination. I will run sometimes just to see if I can do it. The other day I jumped on my GF's awesome treadmill, and slapped it up on 6 MPH and ran a mile..... Got off, and about collapsed. Sprinting short to medium distances was my forte. I ran down our drummers dog (a boxer) who got out of the yard the other day. If the dog could talk it would have probably said "Damn.....I didn't see it going down like this"

Eh....yeah, but I used to run to stay in shape for wrestling/football/baseball and for track. I was actually a sprint and hurdler in track and field that got bribed into running cross country:rolleyes:

I was told by our coach (who was my history teacher also) that if I ran and placed in the top ten for two events he would pass me for the year.......I got my diploma:D THank god I got hurt AFTER I got my two top ten places. The absolute worst moment for me in CxC is SHIN SPLINTS......damn you talk about pain.

I was also 145 lbs, and 5'10". I weigh 195 lbs now. I wish I could have put on the weight in highschool....intead of playing wide receiver I would have been a tail back (our QB SUCKED!). In HS I ran a 4.8 / 40....then I hurt my knee and sat out the rest of sports....football/baseball/track/wrestling.....all gone. But I still had choir, music theory, band , and my punk rock band I played in. Tell me why I didn't have a girlfriend or a social life:rolleyes:

sunvalleylaw
August 27th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, but you are like in your twenties now, right? Late twenties and even into thirties are prime time for endurance events like cycling and running. Would not be a bad idea to add some into your life now, before you are fat, lazy and old! ;) :D (jest intended) You obviously have the genes for it. Also, I think running helped out old Mick Jagger if I remember an article from back in the 80s (I thought he was old then! LOL!) correctly. :DR

250Keith
August 27th, 2007, 11:18 PM
The only time I run is when the police dog is chasing me!:D realy I play alot of softball or as are team sez beerball.

zeusse
August 28th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Excellent Robert I kept this post in mind while playing hockey last night but I just kept thinking Robert would push it and it got me through the third period but I'm feeling it today....I think I'm running some laps at the school track tomorrow all that wine this summer has done me in...LOL

Robert
August 28th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks! So you play hockey, zeusse - that is great!

I love to push hard, whether it's learning something on the guitar or running a tough race! :)

zeusse
August 28th, 2007, 09:24 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4228/ericandtheshotly5.jpgOld and gray and I still play...LOL and its contact not for softies...LOL

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8029/christopherhindandrefif4.jpgBut my son Chris is the overshadowing star....another NHL wannabe....LOL....I guess its a family thing:D